Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make sure you keep the sliding bars for the door latches clean and oiled. Was out riding last weekend and was really wet and muddy, went around a corner and kinda leaned up against the door and it flew open. Went over to the right side opened it and it wouldn't latch shut. Cleaned them up, oiled them and seem to be working again. For something made for off-road use you think they would of had a more protected linkage design

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Make sure you keep the sliding bars for the door latches clean and oiled. Was out riding last weekend and was really wet and muddy, went around a corner and kinda leaned up against the door and it flew open. Went over to the right side opened it and it wouldn't latch shut. Cleaned them up, oiled them and seem to be working again. For something made for off-road use you think they would of had a more protected linkage design
I notice mine doesn't latch at times and have to pull out on the handle to get it to close.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I notice mine doesn't latch at times and have to pull out on the handle to get it to close.
ive hit the latch with my leg getting out quite a few times, that is usually when mine wont shut causing me to pull out on the handle to get it to shut like you said.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
ive hit the latch with my leg getting out quite a few times, that is usually when mine wont shut causing me to pull out on the handle to get it to shut like you said.
I see defender cabs have issued an order date of august 14 for the wolverine cab,it's basically all polycarbonate.might just get the doors and back panel as the original doors are too low for the brush in my area.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'll be contacting Defender Cabs soon myself. Best thing, the manufacturer is just minutes from my house :)
I'm also going to be looking at getting a new set of T4S UTV tracks if the brackets are available before winter gets here, otherwise I'll just use the Grizzly with the Tatou tracks when the trails are too soft. Also wondering if they will have a heater for the wolverine, not a necessity, but would be nice.

·
Registered
367 Posts
A guy we see on our trails has a soft cab (not sure of brand ) on a wild cat and for his heat he used a 12v fan and a 3 inch pvc pipe that ran from over the exhaust into cab. Surprisingly it works pretty well...

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A guy we see on our trails has a soft cab (not sure of brand ) on a wild cat and for his heat he used a 12v fan and a 3 inch pvc pipe that ran from over the exhaust into cab. Surprisingly it works pretty well...
Have to love redneck ingenuity! Doesn't sound like a bad idea

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I did that with my ranger and run it all last winter,i am thinking of putting some car heater vents in the the middle consol on the wolverine to let the rad heat into cab area

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'll be contacting Defender Cabs soon myself. Best thing, the manufacturer is just minutes from my house :)
I'm also going to be looking at getting a new set of T4S UTV tracks if the brackets are available before winter gets here, otherwise I'll just use the Grizzly with the Tatou tracks when the trails are too soft. Also wondering if they will have a heater for the wolverine, not a necessity, but would be nice.
have you looked on their website lately? they show the cab for the wolverine,but no prices yet,probably be similar to the Viking,i also have a set of tatou tracks I hope I can get the adapters for the wolverine .

·
Registered
123 Posts
have you looked on their website lately? they show the cab for the wolverine,but no prices yet,probably be similar to the Viking,i also have a set of tatou tracks I hope I can get the adapters for the wolverine .
They emailed me the pricing today

Base full cab will be 2799.99 MSRP
Electric Wiper Kit 289.99 MSRP
Sliding Window 289.99 MSRP
Windshield Washer Kit 99.99 MSRP

+ taxes and Shipping

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm not sure I believe its CAN funds
just wondering because when I talked with them earlier they said the online prices were in us dollars and the viking cab would be around 3,000 can .they are selling the doors,back panel,and windshield separately on the Viking,but at a lot higher price. made a mistake on previous thread ,I was referring to the Viking cab being 2,500 not the wolverine cab.

·
Registered
123 Posts
just wondering because when I talked with them earlier they said the online prices were in us dollars and the viking cab would be around 3,000 can .they are selling the doors,back panel,and windshield separately on the Viking,but at a lot higher price. made a mistake on previous thread ,I was referring to the Viking cab being 2,500 not the wolverine cab.
Yes these prices are in Canadian and the prices you are looking for are as follow.

Door Kit – 1789.99
Front windshield and back panel kit – 1529.99
Pre order is available as of Monday Aug-17th

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Hey just an FYI you should probably adjust the latches on your doors, or at least confirm they are adjusted properly. My driver's side door was not, and would occasionally not latch fully. I just loosened the mounting bolts on the hinges and squared it up a little better, no problems since and its been coated pretty bad with mud and not cleaned.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Nice info FTM. I've been just lifting the driver door a hair to latch it. Guess my kids standing on it put it out of adjustment. Or it could have been the 50lbs of mud stuck to it. LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts