Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
November WOTM Winner!
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunting season opened this morning so I'm done for the year. Unfortunately I hunt public ground which isn't open to machines. While I had a couple problems I have to admit the wolverine is a pretty darn good machine, I think this is the most miles I ever put on in a year (just over 1,000) mostly because the thing rides so nice you don't get sore.

Guess I'll just have to settle for everyone else's stories til things freeze up here this winter.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm just getting started with hunting and use mine everyday,got a poke at a bull moose with my xbow,but must have hit him in the shoulder,lots of blood ,but kept on going,found my arrow was broke,but still in one piece

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
We can't use them on public land either, in fact, our public land is so crowded now, I am not even bowhunting this year. Heck, I'm not hunting at all. It's very discouraging to set up in a tree stand at 5am, then have some genius come in 5 minutes before light and clank his stand through the whole woods and climb a tree 10 yds from you without even knowing you are there. This happened twice last year even though I went over a mile off the road. I need to find some private land to hunt. Bad. I am down to about 5 lbs of venison that i have been saving lol. I'm screwed now.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I can't wait for hunting season and get some venison in the freezer. I usually get some serious maintenance done on my machine in October threw November

·
Registered
242 Posts
We can't use them on public land either, in fact, our public land is so crowded now, I am not even bowhunting this year. Heck, I'm not hunting at all. It's very discouraging to set up in a tree stand at 5am, then have some genius come in 5 minutes before light and clank his stand through the whole woods and climb a tree 10 yds from you without even knowing you are there. This happened twice last year even though I went over a mile off the road. I need to find some private land to hunt. Bad. I am down to about 5 lbs of venison that i have been saving lol. I'm screwed now.
You should join a hunting club. I am with you as to public land, bunch of nuts running around. Nice thing about a hunting club most times you can ride the land with hunting season is over.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
You should join a hunting club. I am with you as to public land, bunch of nuts running around. Nice thing about a hunting club most times you can ride the land with hunting season is over.
That's actually not a bad idea...money is kind of tight right now but I will look into it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
We put plots on our property and lease a bunch of land next to our piece. It is best to find some guys you like hunting with and just lease some land every year. Then you can post it and tell everybody else to keep their asses out. Then when the sun comes up the only thing you hear is silence and hopefully a twig break or grunt.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That is the way it is in downstate NY. I have never been down there but I hear stories all the time. As soon as the sun comes up it looks like a field of orange pumpkins in the woods. You gotta wear orange I guess because there is so much gunfire and everybody is pretty close. Not my idea of a good time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts