Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got tired of waiting on some company to make a nice set of upper doors that would be user friendly and work well for those of us that have the Yamaha OEM front and rear glass windshields, so I started working on a set myself that can be put up and taken down in under 1 minute. No holes drilled in any plastic, all attachments are with exterior industrial strength Velcro. The zipper was added to make them very easy to fold back and get in and out of but was located to not interfere with using side rear view mirrors.

User friendly functionality with simplicity was what I was trying to achieve and so far I have not found anything I would do differently.

When removed, they are rolled around a children's pool noodle and stored in a black bag at the ceiling, just behind the rear cross member of the roll cage. Made a very simple right angle bracket attached to a roll bar clamp that they rest in and don't move around, but are completely out of the way and easily removed for when you want to install them.

They hang inside the door, but extend below the bottom of the seat cushion so any water runoff coming down the curtain will drip/run off below the seat keeping you dry.

Used 30 gauge clear vinyl in order to get a cold cracking temperature rating of -29 deg. F. Lighter weight vinyls don't have near as cold of a cold cracking temperature rating.
Vehicle Window Car Hood Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Hood

Tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

· Rock Crawler
3,953 Posts
Nice rack too!!!

· Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@PapaSkeeta - I'm still using your original version from the old Gen 1 days on my Viking.
That is going back a long time, glad the design is still working well for you.

The first set I made for my Gen. 1. 2016 Wolverine I used Velcro straps to go around the roll cage bars, using grommets in the vinyl, that was somewhat time consuming to put on, but they fit really well, with no wrinkles. I modified that attachment later and started using Velcro pieces directly attached to the roll cage and to the vinyl.

The industrial strength Velcro made for exterior use and rough services is some really strong stuff and stays stuck on pretty much permanently, as long as you first clean the roll cage and vinyl with alcohol really well. I haven't tried it on anything but the roll cage bars and the vinyl. If I were to try to pull it off of the vinyl it very likely would deform the vinyl by stretching it.

· Rock Crawler
3,953 Posts
My passenger mirror is aimed specifically at me rear passenger tire for crawling. I could care less who's behind me..... we rarely see others on the trails we ride. 🤣
Great minds think alike! (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Madcat

· Registered
5,033 Posts
Mine too but I can't see it with the soft cab. Turning it upside down gave me just a hint of the rear tire but not worth the effort. Of course that is going to depend on the mirrors you have. I have the vertical rectangle ones like like you see on a semi truck.

· Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
1,225 Posts
Mine too but I can't see it with the soft cab. Turning it upside down gave me just a hint of the rear tire but not worth the effort. Of course that is going to depend on the mirrors you have. I have the vertical rectangle ones like like you see on a semi truck.
I have the seizmic green and white light mirrors. Can't see a dang thing on passenger side with the soft sides on...... but I only have a short period of the year in the mud and snow and muck where we rarely ride the extreme stuff. Hell the moderate trails are bad enough in the winter conditions. Ground freezes and thaws and creates ridiculous muck so crawling becomes winching. A little is fine but I don't want a full day of it. Will be interesting to see what this weekend brings. I'll post up after the weekend for my area.

Back on topic..... my SXS enclosure works for me (very pleased) ... even with the compromises. Papa's enclosure solved some of my problems with full view of passenger mirror. Again, nice job Papa.

· Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: Crow
1 - 17 of 17 Posts