Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i pull my oil dipstick and shine a light down in the dipstick tube i notice on the walls of the tube some white build up. anyone else notice that? i did have coolant get in my oil a few weeks back but have gotten it repaired and have drained my oil once since then and found nothing in the oil but oil. just wondering if anyone else notices a white substance on the walls of the dipstick hole like i am.. thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Pull some of that stuff out and rub it between your finger. I think they put grease inside the tube? That appears to be what I found on mine when pulling the dipstick while changing the oil.

·
Registered
21 Posts
when i pull my oil dipstick and shine a light down in the dipstick tube i notice on the walls of the tube some white build up. anyone else notice that? i did have coolant get in my oil a few weeks back but have gotten it repaired and have drained my oil once since then and found nothing in the oil but oil. just wondering if anyone else notices a white substance on the walls of the dipstick hole like i am.. thanks.
I did notice that my last oil change by shining flashlight down tube, I could get some on the dipstick by moving it around. After your post I went out this morning to check and the dipstick had a light white coating from the full mark up to the rubber stopper. Gave it a taste test to see if it was sweet and it wasn't. I had wiped the dipstick clean the last oil change and have run it less than an hour since then. It appears to be some type of condensation.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did notice that my last oil change by shining flashlight down tube, I could get some on the dipstick by moving it around. After your post I went out this morning to check and the dipstick had a light white coating from the full mark up to the rubber stopper. Gave it a taste test to see if it was sweet and it wasn't. I had wiped the dipstick clean the last oil change and have run it less than an hour since then. It appears to be some type of condensation.
that is exactly how mine is. thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds like it is common among a few of us. i was just making sure i wasn't the only one. the place i got it from says its normal. I've noticed it since i got it. they did say it was some type of lubricant like big buck mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts