Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
R Spec has the adjustable suspension, roof, tailgate, full bucket seats, and the mud guards behind the front wheels. The difference is suspension is worth the extra money as far as what it would cost to buy a Wolverine and then add the parts to make it an RSpec

·
Registered
575 Posts
Only reason to get a non r-spec is your budget only allows for a lower end Chinese machine like cf moto or tractor supply type side by side. For nearly the same price you can get a yamaha wolverine.. So in that case I'd buy the non r-spec.

However I'd suggest waiting, saving up the difference in price and get the rspec .

As stated the suspension alone is worth the price difference. Add $500 for a roof and tail gate, and you'd still need more $$$ to get nicer seats..

In short if you avid rider get the r-spec

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Abernathy's in Union City, TN is selling the Wolverine R Spec, with EPS for $11,794 + ~$36 fee = out the door price + taxes if a TN resident. I suspect when Honda starts releasing their entire line of P1000s Yamaha may increase their factory rebates/incentives. At present Yamaha is giving an additional 18 month extended warranty, if $1,000 of accessories are purchased. In a year the SxS market is going to get a lot more competitive after all the initial sales are made to the individuals that want the latest greatest SxS right when it first comes out.

In 1998 Honda was pretty much the leader in the 4x4 ATV market and came out with the Foreman 450 4x4 ATV. I shopped hard all over the South for the best price, and the best that I could find one could be bought for was ~$5,800. After 2 years, you could buy a new one at most any dealer for less than that and a lot less at the biggest dealers... for the next 15 years the price never went back up to where it was in 1998. Even today, the same Honda Foreman 450 can be bought for $5,994. At it's lowest price it was down to around $4,400. We very likely are seeing the highest new prices for SxS for the next 12 months that we will see for many years, as long as your comparing similar size machines with similar stock accessories.

Polaris has pretty much had a monopoly on the SxS market which is getting ready to change and with the SxS market in it's infancy still it will surely go through the same growing pains as ATVs did and pricing will get more competitive.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I agree with Epic. While I went cheaper and didn't get EPS on my R Spec, given the choice, I wouldn't go cheap and get the non R Spec model. I think what sets the R Soec apart from other vehicles out there is the suspension. Take that away, and you pretty much have a Rhino or Viking without a dump bed.

Reactions: EpicWolverine

·
Registered
367 Posts
Eps is optional on rspec , and probably the regular wolverines as well.
Not an option on the wolverine and their is no option to not have it on the rspec that i can find. wolverine has none, rspec has eps. Least this is the way everyone I have seen is and every dealer said and when looking at list of options on the two this is the way it is stated online at yamaha and in brochure I have from yamaha canada

·
Registered
718 Posts
Not an option on the wolverine and their is no option to not have it on the rspec that i can find. wolverine has none, rspec has eps. Least this is the way everyone I have seen is and every dealer said and when looking at list of options on the two this is the way it is stated online at yamaha and in brochure I have from yamaha canada
I have a non EPS R Spec

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!

On the yamaha website there is. Wolverine, Wolverine R-Spec and Wolverine R-Spec EPS.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yamaha canada only has the yamaha wolverine (non eps ), the wolverine R-Spec eps, and the R-Spec Camo eps. That is all for options here

·
Registered
367 Posts
As far as info on canadian pages we don't have an option for a non eps r spec ... I could be wrong but even in the paper sales brochure it has no option for non eps rspec. Canada could be different

·
Registered
575 Posts
As far as info on canadian pages we don't have an option for a non eps r spec ... I could be wrong but even in the paper sales brochure it has no option for non eps rspec. Canada could be different
Maybe they didn't release it the Canadian market.. After having eps, I'd probably never want a sxs without it..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts