Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've looked at the Wolverines a few times now and really think it's what I want. I just really wish I could drive one before I make the decision. Sure the dealer may let you put around the parking lot after you sign a waiver. But, I will only use it for higher paced trail riding, so a parking lot isn't helpful. Did most of you drive one before you made your purchase?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
nope. had a grizzly never had a problem with it and loved it. and the wolverine was geared to what i do. only utv i had experience with is a kabota rtv900. total work horse.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
did not drive mine before i bought it either

·
Registered
718 Posts
I was lucky enough to have one of my local dealers put on a factory demo day about a month before I bought mine so I went and drove one. The only difference between the one I drove and the one I bought was the demo model was EPS and mine isn't.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Just made a few hot laps around the parking lot and a few sashays out into nearby field. My biggest concern cab comfort. It was the roomiest I sat in. Everything else has been a bonus.

If you're expecting seat of your pants excitement that a 1000 has you will be disappointed. If you want a nice ride in a capable machine that climbs like a billy goat at a very reasoanable price.......this your new home.

Reactions: CDVhunter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I like to drive something before I buy as well. I live in Wisconsin. May have to try and find someone who owns one already.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
I didn't see a need to, I've owned three Yamaha ATV's and can't see where driving around would make the decision for me. Plus a few hundred guys on here loved theirs, and nobody said they disliked it! I never drove the last two new trucks I bought either, they were custom factory orders and were mine anyways.

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Nope. Didn't know what to get. Owned yamaha stuff for years. Loved the quality. Then found this site and read every thread. This site is what made my mind up.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Sounds like I was the exception, I rented one at Windrock near Oak Ridge, TN and rode it on actual trails for a day before buying one. No surprises and the 4 Wolverine R-Specs that Windrock rents have been driven hard and no problems except for crashes into trees, per the rental person.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went to Jamaica for my honeymoon, rode a Polaris RZR 570 and wanted to buy a SXS after that ride. After doing my homework and being a Yamaha guy, immediately I switched from having a down payment on a Polaris RZR to the Wolverine because of quality. Its slower, but feel better knowing its a better built and capable machine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got a ride in one, then he let me drive.... the dealer. Once they eyeball you they will give it a shot if they have a bit of offroad local.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got to drive one , my dealer has a "high line " trail behind shop probably about 3/4 of a mile long , has rocks ditch crossings and gravel, wasn't going to buy eps but after ride I had to!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I rode mine on a short trail behind H&W Powersports in Texarkana. Maybe 1/4 mile with a couple of small ditches to cross. I also drove a Viking and a Viking VI. Obviously, the Vikings didn't do it for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dealer had a demo model that I took home for the weekend and, of course, I fell in love before I got a quarter mile down the trail. The smooth and nimble ride definitely sold me - a vast improvement over my 2013 Teryx.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,421 Posts
No I did not drive it before I bought it.

But I've owned a new Kodiak 400 quad, a new Grizzly 660 quad and then a one year old Rhino 660. They've all worked flawlessly. I've never had to talk any of them to the dealer for any repair or maintenance work...EVER!

Yamaha makes some great machines!

I took my Wolverine out last weekend for it's maiden voyage and I was very happy with how it performed. No buyer's regret at all!

·
September WOTM Winner!
53 Posts
Didn't get a test drive before I bought mine, that's a rarity around here. Looked at and sat in everything out there. Wolverine was hands down roomier, best value for the money. After owning Yamahas since the late 1960s, I knew it would stone reliable. Easy decision to make and I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I rode my SE up a little trail behind the dealership before buying it. I didn't really need to because I already knew I was going to buy it anyway. I am a previous Polaris owner and will never go back to PoPo. I spent more time working on the PoPo than I did riding it. I got a good deal on my rzr that is the only reason I bought it. I am a Yamaha person when the Wolverine came out I was done with the PoPo right then and there. I have no regrets at all, bought mine in May 2016 and already have 500 miles on It with no issues what so ever. I ride outlaw trails in WV, Brown mountain in NC, Windrock and Brimstone in Tn, Black mountain in KY, all of these places are no joke hard riding if you have the guts. The Wolverine performs flawlessly!!

·
Holiday Winner!
3 Posts
I did not test drive mine , I had a 05 Rhino that i was completely satisfied with. 110% satisfied with my Wolverine

1 - 20 of 33 Posts