Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Rmax 2 Limited Edition
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mount has four holes. Just four. The main two do not line up being the 5/8 factory tie down points. They’re off at least an 1/8”.

On a $1500 plow system that’s a joke. My Polaris Glacier Pro system that cost a little more than half this required zero modification to fit, or work. I shouldn’t have to modify anything, it should bolt right on and together.

Not happy at all. I have requested expedited shipping on a part that will fit, or a refund on the mount.

Buyer beware…

Automotive tire Wood Rim Gas Tints and shades

Automotive tire Wood Rim Gas Bicycle part

·
Registered
961 Posts
That is nothing put one bolt in and put a little bit of pressure on the bracket and put the other bolt in.

It looks like just the slight pull you will get after welding up a assembly and then release it from your jig. It will move a little bit. Yea they could have tweaked it until it held a perfect set so it would go in place but in the production welding shop making these that probably just doesn't happen.

The jig is probably same pattern as stock exactly and they figure they just unbolted it from that same pattern so customer should be able to get bolts back in it too.

Agree it would be nice if everything was to perfection but how much do you want to pay to get that. Often more than the average guy wants to pay for so this is what we get sometimes.

I wouldn't expect that would be too hard to get it to flex enough to line up and get the bolt started.

If it is straight on use a 2 X 4 against a wall and pry bar to do final movement of the piece..

If you ever need pressure from above you can lock the car in place right under something solid like the tie beam over the garage door and cut a 2x4 just right length and then use pry bar to get part in proper place.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This plate absolutely will not bend into place.

The front mounting point wraps around those tie downs, and the nuts for the bolts that secure it are welded to the plate, they are not loose. So how do you propose I slot the nuts welded to the plate? They’re off 1/8” as well.

This plate is stout, which is good. But I also want it easy on, easy off because it impedes ground clearance 1.5-2”.

And you misunderstood my post. It’s not that I can’t fix this, I can. It’s that I’m not willing to. This plow was over $1800, though the manufacturer gave me a discount code when I called for technical information. So you’re talking close to $2000 without discounts, and I’m expected to “make it work”? No…

I could jump in the truck, drive to work and set this up on a slotted angle plate on the Bridgeport, index a 5/8 mill and slot these four holes. I’d lose the threads and have to use longer bolts and separate nuts…But I’m not going to do all that.

I’ve been a certified welder, manual and CNC machinist for the last 28 years. If I turned out this kind of work, I wouldn’t be where I am today.

I’ll wait for a new plate. They’ve already contacted me, on a Saturday no less.
View attachment 104701
View attachment 104703
View attachment 104702

I have the same system, the instructions say you need to grind some of the plastic bumper/skidplate to fit the mount. That should be your 1/8" right there.
My plate bottoms out metal to metal on the front mounting points no matter what position the plate is in.

It’s not even touching any plastic yet, so removing some will not help.

Because it’s bottoming out, the holes will not align.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well so far so good. Like I said I emailed them with pictures, and they responded today, on a Saturday.

You know how it is though, new parts, and I was REALLY looking forward to getting this thing together and moved up the hill and stored next to my Polaris plow. It takes up a lot of room in the garage.

·
Registered
961 Posts
If there is offending metal to metal stopping it then I recon you would have to remove some off one piece or the other or both to clear.

I get that you do not want to have to grind, cut or fit anything. Then you have to do paint work and you shouldn't have to do any of it. Why can't they just make it right so it is perfect.

Better luck with the next one. Doubt they even have a way to test fit on vehicle. Hopefully next one fits or where will you be if it is the same or worse. Back to making one of them fit yourself with minor modifications that are often needed to fit aftermarket stuff. Almost everything you buy for these or anything seems can be a struggle to mount up and rarely do bolts just slipping in or threading in gracefully.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,300 Posts
I just wish they'd give me credit for giving them the idea of using the shackle mounts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spoke with customer service/tech support.

Im not feeling all warm and tingly inside…

First he said they have no confirmed fitment for that mount on a 2022. I told him prior to purchase, I called THEM making sure it WOULD fit. They even provided a list of part numbers for for entire plow system. I still have those emails, so it’s not like they can deny that.

Then he said my machine must be different, or damaged.

Then he admitted they have had fitment issues with this mounting plate.

Then he said he could do several things. First refund me $50 and let me keep the mount that doesn’t work. I said no.

Then he actually offered to take back the entire plow, and refund me 100%. I told him I’d already assembled it, and thrown away the boxes and styrofoam. He said it didn’t matter, he’d still take it back.

Now I’m a little uneasy. What does he know that I don’t? Willing to refund $1556, eat shipping, all over a $100 mount?

He offered to send out a new mount after 100% dimensionally checking it out. I chose this option.

More to come I imagine…

Since MotoAlliance specifically states that their plow will only work with their mount…I foresee building my own mount in my future

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,300 Posts

First he said they have no confirmed fitment for that mount on a 2022. I told him prior to purchase, I called THEM making sure it WOULD fit. They even provided a list of part numbers for for entire plow system. I still have those emails, so it’s not like they can deny that.

Then he said he could do several things. First refund me $50 and let me keep the mount that doesn’t work. I said no.

Then he actually offered to take back the entire plow, and refund me 100%. I told him I’d already assembled it, and thrown away the boxes and styrofoam. He said it didn’t matter, he’d still take it back.

Now I’m a little uneasy. What does he know that I don’t? Willing to refund $1556, eat shipping, all over a $100 mount?

He offered to send out a new mount after 100% dimensionally checking it out. I chose this option.

More to come I imagine…

Since MotoAlliance specifically states that their plow will only work with their mount…I foresee building my own mount in my future
NEVER throw away the boxes, packaging until warranty is up. This is the only thing I'm going to put on you.

·
Registered
843 Posts

More to come I imagine…

I can certainly understand why you're frustrated. I think you made the right choice in resolving the issue. Peter and his crew at Moto Alliance are terrific people and they have always provided exceptional customer service in every transaction for me. I have purchased several winches, snow plows, lights, etc. from them. I had a couple of issues with parts or warranty along the way and they were terrific to work with. They will make it right for you. Give them a chance to make things work and I think you'll be happy.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts