Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
130 Posts
Ive been hanging to even see an Rmax - the first bunch in Australia went straight out the door, i have my name down but just been told that Yamaha not getting any more here until 2022..:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:
i was considering dropping back to the x4 850 that i can most likely get in April ?, but the misses and adult kids no way wait !....its just not fair
ouch !

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I just received an email from this gentleman and would like to share with you all waiting like me.

Good afternoon,

I trust that you and your family are well and sincere apologies that it is challenging for you to receive you new Yamaha RMax 1000. As you may surmise, the COVID-19 situation has been a challenge for us all as initially our production was down for a period of time, and then consumer demand spiked beyond anything that we could have imagined.

Bob Starr
Corporate Communications Manager
Corporate Communications Group

Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
6555 Katella Ave. Cypress, CA 90630

I found his contact information here.

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ive been hanging to even see an Rmax - the first bunch in Australia went straight out the door, i have my name down but just been told that Yamaha not getting any more here until 2022..:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:
i was considering dropping back to the x4 850 that i can most likely get in April ?, but the misses and adult kids no way wait !....its just not fair
My local dealer has had two turn up that were on order. They went straight to the customers. I do not think any dealers have any floor stock of wolverine or rmax. I have yet to see one in the flesh. I want to upgrade to an Rmax from my x2. The x2 will not be getting sold until I can get a delivery date for a Rmax. A mate of mine has put down a deposit for a Rmax4. He was told three months. We will wait and see.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
494 Posts
My issue is I will lose my 1k deposit if I switch dealers. So I will wait lol
This is like the other post where the dealership quoted $900.00 for first service, Freaking Ridiculous !
When I ordered the X2 in 2018 and the same for my Rmax4 my dealer asked for a $500.00 deposit and gave them a check each time of which they never cashed and returned to me to void out on delivery. My deposit was retractable at any time.

If anyone in bordering states of South West PA wants to buy any machine (even Polaris or Kawasaki ) I strongly suggest making a road trip to Barnes Bros Motorcycles & Off Road Barnes Bros. Motorcycles & Off-Road | Pittsburgh, PA

·
Registered
447 Posts
last weekend there was a base Rmax4 sitting at my dealership where i ordered my maverick sport. They have had it in stock and on their lot for a couple weeks now. Or had one similar since i put my deposit down early last month

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
145 Posts
We are air freighting in a few components at my work to keep production going. Supply chains are a mess right now. Ever wonder what the world's shipping traffic looks like, check out MarineTraffic.com
Yup, it looks to be very congested to say the least. Thanks for sharing the link.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just for kicks I did a dealer inventory search today. (I know all resulting units are pre-sold, but I was curious how robust Yamaha is shipping out units). Here are the 5 closest distances from my zip code for 4LEs.

86 miles
465 miles
785 miles
1006 miles (North Dakota)
1019 miles (Florida... I am in Michigan)

·
Registered
1 Posts
TriCounty Cycles in Corbin, KY says they have a RMAX2 LE in stock and expect to get a RMAX4 LE in May. Price he gave me on the RMAX4 LE coming in May without me even asking was $24,751 + Tax.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not sure what the hold up is with Yamaha. I ordered one in July 2020 and just got it in February 2021. That did mean that we got the new model with all the updates, so that was a plus. My local dealer was great to work with, and bent over backward to do everything to get us one. Now we just wait for winter to die to hit the trails. Can't wait.
Can you tell me what updates you're referring to? I just picked up a 2 seater on saturday, did not order just lucked out cruising the dealer websites. He said they got it in the day before.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you tell me what updates you're referring to? I just picked up a 2 seater on saturday, did not order just lucked out cruising the dealer websites. He said they got it in the day before.
The 2021 models have a more comfortable foot pedal placement. The door latch is moved to the rear to make for better entry and exit. A nice suntop. Bigger wheels.

·
Registered
447 Posts
well my delivery date for my maverick got pushed back to may.. not too pleased

Reactions: RmaxUt074

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
well my delivery date for my maverick got pushed back to may.. not too pleased
Looks like nobody is able to deliver.

So curious why is a can-am guy hanging out in the RMAX forum?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Looks like nobody is able to deliver.

So curious why is a can-am guy hanging out in the RMAX forum?
you don't like me? :( jk

i actually joined several months ago to research the X4 and Rmax because my wife and i were going back and forth on which 4 seater we wanted to purchase. I was leaning towards the Rmax (because it's the big brother to my big brother's X4 lol), but when it came down to putting car seats in the back, the boss made the final decision since the doors are higher and she felt it would protect the kiddos more. That and she liked the $2k in savings vs a base rmax. Which allowed me to get accessories for our canned ham.. Now i'm just like hemroids.. always popping up when you don't want me around :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
you don't like me? :( jk

i actually joined several months ago to research the X4 and Rmax because my wife and i were going back and forth on which 4 seater we wanted to purchase. I was leaning towards the Rmax (because it's the big brother to my big brother's X4 lol), but when it came down to putting car seats in the back, the boss made the final decision since the doors are higher and she felt it would protect the kiddos more. That and she liked the $2k in savings vs a base rmax. Which allowed me to get accessories for our canned ham.. Now i'm just like hemroids.. always popping up when you don't want me around :D
Just wondering is all. The X3 4 seater is in a totally different class. You're going to wonder why you let her boss you around when you need to take a tight turn or go over a high bump. 😁 With that kind of power she is going to also wonder if she made the right decsion. HA HA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ordered my RMAX X2 XTR in November. It was originally to be delivered in February, then May, then end of May but still no word.

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
ordered my RMAX X2 XTR in November. It was originally to be delivered in February, then May, then end of May but still no word.
So I saw that cabela's utv double gun case. On your list of things. Have you had it in other sxs? Looks sweet!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I saw that cabela's utv double gun case. On your list of things. Have you had it in other sxs? Looks sweet!
Only on the X2 XTR. it’s kind of a pain getting the rifle out very tight fit for a hunting pulls of my scope caps and then have to hunt for them. Other that a good case .

41 - 60 of 68 Posts