Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My issue is I will lose my 1k deposit if I switch dealers. So I will wait lol
They can't keep your deposit unless it is already on its way. My dealer said I could get a refund anytime until then. He has not gotten back to me saying it's on its way. Crossing my fingers it's some time in April.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
20 Posts
After seeing others getting pushed back, my dealer being told May at the earliest, and a friend of mine have engine issues on day one of an XTR-4. I moved on to purchase a used 2019 X2 AND a new holdover 2018 Eluder for what the 4 seat RMAX LE was going to cost me. I'll wait till things settle down in a yr or so.

·
Registered
100 Posts
They can't keep your deposit unless it is already on its way. My dealer said I could get a refund anytime until then. He has not gotten back to me saying it's on its way. Crossing my fingers it's some time in April.
Thats the kicker, the 850 X2 I ordered is on its way but they allowed me to switch my deposit to an RMAX. Only good thing I can think of with me waiting, is maybe they will have that transmission issue 100% fixed

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,497 Posts
Its most likely why they're pushing back orders. I wonder what is in the ones recently shipped however.

Reactions: ldjbuff

·
Registered
200 Posts
Still patiently waiting for mine to come in as well. Dealer says it scheduled to ship this month but I’m on pins and needles wondering if it might be pushed off....

Reactions: RmaxUt074

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just spoke to my dealer today to order some accessories while waiting on the rig to get in and he was saying they were suppose to have 5 LE models delivered this week and they said they were pushed out until May.

I am waiting for details from the owner on the outlook for my XTR 4 seater. I was told early April but this is not sounding very promising.

Does anyone know what the hold up really is? Like your brother works in the plant in Georgia and knows first hand what is going on.

Either way enjoying the community and getting lots of good ideas on accessories I want to get.

:unsure::rolleyes:
I live-in upstate NY near southern VT border been searching for RMax4 xtr all dealers telling me no allocations for any orders Yamaha sxs only 2022 sleds and YZ bikes so I put deposit on and RMax 4 base and with the $2700 I saved add the extras I want mode switch and roof a must

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thats the kicker, the 850 X2 I ordered is on its way but they allowed me to switch my deposit to an RMAX. Only good thing I can think of with me waiting, is maybe they will have that transmission issue 100% fixed
Hi there, I was just wondering what is the transmission issue you are referring too. I just got a 850 x2 and wonder if I should know something? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there, I was just wondering what is the transmission issue you are referring too. I just got a 850 x2 and wonder if I should know something? Thanks
He's referring to the bearing issue that a few RMAX's have had. I don't believe there is any bearing issues with X2's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
There has been a handleful of RMAX lose there transmissions in the first 30 miles. Very limited but I wouldn't want to be one of them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I switched dealers they gave me my deposit back and I saved 1500 going with the other dealer!
That's a good dealer. 👍
A deposit on a side x side is not like other sales. If the dealer is having issues getting something they should give it back. Mine will if I told them I wanted it. There the best deal I've found in the area so I'm in holding pattern.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have had a reserve deposit on the RMAX LE since October 2020. Initial delivery to a very large high volume dealer was supposed to be Jan on the LE's. He did have an XTR come in prior since those shipped earlier but I wanted the LE at the cost of these machines at this point. We blew through Jan. Next date I was told was Feb 15. Obviously that didn't happen either. Supposedly the FoxLive shocks have been the hold up on the LE's. They are sitting in parts somewhere waiting on them. Yamaha is unable to even give my dealer another reasonably assured ship date. My view is Yamaha shit the bed with their supply chain big time. All the different manufacturers have struggled recently but Yamaha wins the prize for brittle and unpredictable supply chain on their product lines. They have really fumbled the launch of the RMAX.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have had a reserve deposit on the RMAX LE since October 2020. Initial delivery to a very large high volume dealer was supposed to be Jan on the LE's. He did have an XTR come in prior since those shipped earlier but I wanted the LE at the cost of these machines at this point. We blew through Jan. Next date I was told was Feb 15. Obviously that didn't happen either. Supposedly the FoxLive shocks have been the hold up on the LE's. They are sitting in parts somewhere waiting on them. Yamaha is unable to even give my dealer another reasonably assured ship date. My view is Yamaha shit the bed with their supply chain big time. All the different manufacturers have struggled recently but Yamaha wins the prize for brittle and unpredictable supply chain on their product lines. They have really fumbled the launch of the RMAX.
For the LE's, Yamaha announced those wouldn't start shipping again until May. (Shock Hold up). My dealer said they have over 2000 units done, just waiting on shocks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I feel the blame should be on FOX since you can search anywhere on the web and they can't keep up with demand. Yamha should look into Walker Evans if Fox can't keep up. Maybe it should be an option which one you want on your side x side.

Reactions: Plunk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yah this May date was what I was afraid of. Interesting enough a smaller dealer did get their January allotment of LE it showed up very end of Feb. My concern with the May date is based on the trend here that could just as well be July. Dunno. Want the RMAX but I'll probably start calling around on the Talon 4 though I am sure those are likely waiting listed as well at this point. Have a 2019 850 XTR at the dealer waiting for a new roll cage and some minor components since October 2020 as well. So interesting enough though the LE's may be held up by shocks it's not just those components Yamaha struggles with.

Sounds like everyone is jammed up on their Yamaha toys right now. That's too bad. Spring in the mountains where I am at is on its way.

·
Registered
honda TRX420FA6
15 Posts
Ive been hanging to even see an Rmax - the first bunch in Australia went straight out the door, i have my name down but just been told that Yamaha not getting any more here until 2022..:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:
i was considering dropping back to the x4 850 that i can most likely get in April ?, but the misses and adult kids no way wait !....its just not fair

21 - 40 of 68 Posts