Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke to my dealer today to order some accessories while waiting on the rig to get in and he was saying they were suppose to have 5 LE models delivered this week and they said they were pushed out until May.

I am waiting for details from the owner on the outlook for my XTR 4 seater. I was told early April but this is not sounding very promising.

Does anyone know what the hold up really is? Like your brother works in the plant in Georgia and knows first hand what is going on.

Either way enjoying the community and getting lots of good ideas on accessories I want to get.

:unsure::rolleyes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
The dealer near me said they have close to 2500 machines ready, all waiting for shocks. My dealer said that this month (March 2021), Yamaha didnt allow them to order any new vehicles. They have to wait until April, which now is pushing my machine to August.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man! I ordered in February. This is terrible news.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would wait for next years model 2022 which will be released this fall! Give them time to work out the bugs! There will probably be sum minor changes made to next years model. Hopefully transmission gets sorted out by then! I don’t like buying 1st year model, I did that with there raptor 660 in 2001 and got burned. Trans issues and Yamaha changed up the 2nd year model and never had issues again.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would wait for next years model 2022 which will be released this fall! Give them time to work out the bugs! There will probably be sum minor changes made to next years model. Hopefully transmission gets sorted out by then! I don’t like buying 1st year model, I did that with there raptor 660 in 2001 and got burned. Trans issues and Yamaha changed up the 2nd year model and never had issues again.
How the heck can they push out a new model when they can't even make enough of them for 2021 lol

·
Premium Member
2021 X2 XT-R 850
266 Posts
Good question!

·
Registered
782 Posts
My Rmax 4 SE had a ship date and everything confirmed in January. Last month, mine was moved to May too. I certainly understand your frustration. I'm just hoping May proves to be realistic and that it doesn't become June or July. My dealer says he has 7 units that are confirmed coming on two trucks when the remaining parts are available to complete the build. I've been waiting since New Year's. I tried to see if I could change to a base model but he has so many of those sold that I would be waiting just as long for delivery. Hoping for the best...

·
Registered
228 Posts
I called my closest dealer and got the same story, waiting on shocks. Now I'm on the fence buy now or wait till we see the 2022s?

Reactions: ldjbuff

·
Registered
100 Posts
I called my closest dealer and got the same story, waiting on shocks. Now I'm on the fence buy now or wait till we see the 2022s?
Its a very tough choice. But then you might get the 2022 model in December or January...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Rmax 4 SE had a ship date and everything confirmed in January. Last month, mine was moved to May too. I certainly understand your frustration. I'm just hoping May proves to be realistic and that it doesn't become June or July. My dealer says he has 7 units that are confirmed coming on two trucks when the remaining parts are available to complete the build. I've been waiting since New Year's. I tried to see if I could change to a base model but he has so many of those sold that I would be waiting just as long for delivery. Hoping for the best...
These guys have two base models for sale right now. RIDENOW GOODYEAR

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe they will be 2022 models by the time they ship them. :LOL:

Reactions: Maggot and ldjbuff

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
228 Posts
Several 2 and 4 seat models available in the San Diego area if anyone is looking.

·
Registered
2021 Rmax4 XT-R
13 Posts
Oh man! I ordered in February. This is terrible news.
I put a deposit down in January on an XTR 4 that the dealer had already ordered for stock and it came in about 5-6 days ago. So they are shipping them. Slowly but surely.

Reactions: RmaxUt074

·
Registered
163 Posts
I order in November. Dealer said January, then February,then March. Will see what happens.
Not holding my breath. If I didn’t have a quad i would be going more nuts then i already am Waiting.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,299 Posts
My issue is I will lose my 1k deposit if I switch dealers. So I will wait lol
Which A-hole of a dealer told you that?

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
228 Posts
Which A-hole of a dealer told you that?
^^^ I'll second this^^^^ I mean really...as popular as these are, the dealer you have your deposit with will have NO problem selling the machine when it comes in. You should post their name everywhere....total BS!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not sure what the hold up is with Yamaha. I ordered one in July 2020 and just got it in February 2021. That did mean that we got the new model with all the updates, so that was a plus. My local dealer was great to work with, and bent over backward to do everything to get us one. Now we just wait for winter to die to hit the trails. Can't wait.

·
Registered
100 Posts
So were u told this from your dealer that ur depoit would be non refundable?
Correct-when I put my deposit down, they said I could move my deposit to another vehicle but its non refundable if i choose to not buy from them.

I am fine with waiting, intially I had my deposit on an 21 X2 850. Then I switched after about 2 months to the RMAX. This dealer does not charge any fees and are slighly below MSRP. There is a white RMAX in stock at a dealer 5 mins from my house. They want $24K OTD for it. Heck no. I can wait lol

1 - 20 of 68 Posts