Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed the doors and rear panel from defender cabs,there is a few gaps using the fold down windshield,but not bad.i also went for a ride and found the poly carbonate isn't the same quality as the front windshield as it seemed to scratch fairly easy,but at least it keeps out the leaves and critters.the noise level is also higher will be wearing ear muffs all the time now. IMG_20151011_113252.jpg IMG_20151011_113224.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Looks good. Have you taken a look at your ground clearance since the install? I am curious to know how much the suspension has sagged due to the extra weight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wonder if there's some kind of wax that could be applied to the doors to make them more scratch resistant, and easier to wash down any mud/dirt.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hope to have mine (full cab,wiper and washer kit installed by this Saturday. Check out Plexus plastic cleaner. Recommended by Defender. I got the sliding rear window and now realize all the money I spent on the bed accessories (gun rack,chainsaw mount ) is money gone.Karma bit me on that and also ordered a sheave from Todd 2 weeks ago and of course something better comes along. oh well, It's still a blast to ride. Trailcutter, Where did you finally get front overfenders?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hope to have mine (full cab,wiper and washer kit installed by this Saturday. Check out Plexus plastic cleaner. Recommended by Defender. I got the sliding rear window and now realize all the money I spent on the bed accessories (gun rack,chainsaw mount ) is money gone.Karma bit me on that and also ordered a sheave from Todd 2 weeks ago and of course something better comes along. oh well, It's still a blast to ride. Trailcutter, Where did you finally get front overfenders?
got them off ebay,my dealer was talking sometime in nov.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good. Have you taken a look at your ground clearance since the install? I am curious to know how much the suspension has sagged due to the extra weight.
seams to be the same at around nine and a half inches,but took my grandson who is around two hundred pounds for a ride and sure did a lot of dragging,hopefully they will decide something this week at the dealer,i asked the parts man to check the specs for the fox coils compared to mine

·
Registered
151 Posts
I wonder if there's some kind of wax that could be applied to the doors to make them more scratch resistant, and easier to wash down any mud/dirt.
I'm thinking of a type of 3M transparent cover for mine. I know people who use them on top of their motorcycle's hard side bags. These spots are prone for boot scratches when passengers getting on/off bikes.

It would completely protect the lexan doors from scratches...but wouldn't be cheap. Or, I wonder if even a light shade of window tint would help protect them...?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts