Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deeyoh where you at in SC. Both my son and daughter live in Charlotte. Probably move that way in the near future to be closer to grandkids. Do you know anything about the York area ? Places to ride down there ?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
I'm right outside of Columbia, SC with plenty of riding in this area. Charlotte is about 45 minutes from Carolina Adventure World. 2700 acre's and 100+miles of trails. Outback ATV part in Laurenburg NC less than an hour away. Durhamtown is probably a few hours away also. Sunnyside ATV park and a few more.

Rockhill/York is about merged with Charlotte so it's pretty close to each other. Never lived in York but been through that area many times. Seems pretty nice. Lake Wylie is really close so lot of fishing and water sports there. Bought my boat there.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
This spring break we are probably heading up to Hatfield/McCoy's and it's about 4 1/2 hours away. 200 miles.. so only little over 100 miles from the Charlotte area straight up Interstate 77.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Crap almost forgot.. there's Windrock and Brimstone that's not to far either. Plan to hit those at some point too.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crap almost forgot.. there's Windrock and Brimstone that's not to far either. Plan to hit those at some point too.
Been to both of those. I've been on Lake Murray near you. Never been on Wylie but familiar with it. Hickory, NC is also an option for me because my son lives in Huntersville north of Charlotte. I really hate to leave Kebtucky and Lake Cumberland but we miss those grandkids more and more. Let me know if you hit Windrock, Brimstone, or Royal Blue. Maybe I can meet you there.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for moving my post.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yep, I've lived next to Lake Murry for awhile. Decided to buy more land it was way way way to expensive next to the lake. Can understand wanting to be closer to family for sure. No worries, if you decide to move you can still get some good riding in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts