Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
June WOTM Winner!
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Guys, I have the hard starting problem, have checked the normal things and replaced the battery as it was bad and now I'm down to checking the decompression spring. Parts should be here this week and open it up next weekend. So how big is this job? Is it as simple as that the valve cover off and hook the spring on weight and cam chain gear and close it up? Does anyone know the correct torque for that valve cover bolts? Any help or photos will help a lot!
Thanks

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Okay Guys, I have the hard starting problem, have checked the normal things and replaced the battery as it was bad and now I'm down to checking the decompression spring. Parts should be here this week and open it up next weekend. So how big is this job? Is it as simple as that the valve cover off and hook the spring on weight and cam chain gear and close it up? Does anyone know the correct torque for that valve cover bolts? Any help or photos will help a lot!
Thanks
Yes that is pretty much it, I think I have a video of it, I will check my section now

·
June WOTM Winner!
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You Todd, It looks like I'll be installing that order along with that spring this weekend as long as the Colorado winter is over??? does anyone need some snow?

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Thank You Todd, It looks like I'll be installing that order along with that spring this weekend as long as the Colorado winter is over??? does anyone need some snow?
I don't know what I did with video, thought I made one and put it on here but could not find it

You are welcome to call me though, very easy

·
June WOTM Winner!
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Todd I'm happy with that order that I installed and I PMed FTM with this question or comment. In low that thing walks right up to 42 but in high gear about 52-53 and so far that's it. The guy I was racing has the same up grade with out the PCV but stock tires so while we are even up to that point then he goes ahead,, is the difference rip-saws to the stock tires or he has about 200 extra miles on the up grade? Like I said I'm very happy and do not need more speed just was wondering? (the two machine are as close to the same as poss. with him maybe 20 lb heaver)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was at my dealer yesterday picking up a couple of add ons. Dealer mentioned the decompression spring is on a recall and he will call me when the parts arrive. Covered under warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts