Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add a couple small 200 watt heaters (12 v) to my Wolverine dash to help keep my window defrosted. They plug into the cig lighter. I have a full cab system. I'm waiting to have a complete heater installed thru my water but the company hasn't made one yet for the 16 Wolvie. Need to know if the Wolverine stator will be able to take a combined 400 watts....or should I just tie the heaters direct to my battery?

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I would think that is at or near the limits of the stator by itself, let alone with everything else on the bike. I am not a fan of second battery kits since they still need a way to be charged, instead I would rather upgrade the stator output or get creative with the load management. Places like Ricky Stator used to rebuild them for higher output, although I don't know of anyone doing it for the wolverine yet.

·
Registered
367 Posts
200 watt heater will pull close to 17 amps on a 15 amp cigarette lighter plug, if you don't blow a fuse you will be running the risk of over doing the wires

·
Registered
31 Posts
Instead of using electrical heating elements you could tie in to the cooling system of your wolvy and use the electric for driving the fan.
This would allow you to direct heat anywhere you wanted: defrost, heat to the floor, etc.
You could also use the heat exchanger for cooling purposes in the summer by directing the airflow to the outside air.
I've seen a few inexpensive heating systems here:

JEGS Hot Rod Heaters | JEGS Performance Products

·
Registered
182 Posts
I saw on here somewhere that moto alliance is making a firestorm heater for the wolverine. I think they said it will be available sometime in November.

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Moto Alliance has my wolverine right now fabricating the parts and installing a heater. It does tie in to the cooling system. I should have it back in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Timmi

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx for all replies on this.

Yeah, I got word from Motoalliance that they were taking ur Wolvie for a Firestorm heater build.....am anxiously waiting for mine. Thx for donating ur bike. Hopefully will have one by mid Nov.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts