Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my RMAX and read about air, snow, mud, etc getting through the area above the wheel wells. Saw the thread about making a panel, however I have no fab skills. I saw on Ebay someone selling panels for the X2/X4 so I contacted them about the RMAX. He said they were in process and would contact me when ready.
They are now available.
YAMAHA Wolverine 2021 Rmax 1000 X2 X4 Splash Guard Block Off Plates Draft Stop | eBay

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just ordered a set, thanks! :)

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,153 Posts
Ditto, started making some the other day, this is easier!

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
Awesome! Gonna order some as well.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
I have a set coming to me for testing.
I just used your template last week to make one for the driver's side on my machine-very nice-really cut down on the air flow-it will never block it off completely, but a great improvement-thanks!!
IMG_4025.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got my RMAX and read about air, snow, mud, etc getting through the area above the wheel wells. Saw the thread about making a panel, however I have no fab skills. I saw on Ebay someone selling panels for the X2/X4 so I contacted them about the RMAX. He said they were in process and would contact me when ready.
They are now available.
YAMAHA Wolverine 2021 Rmax 1000 X2 X4 Splash Guard Block Off Plates Draft Stop | eBay
I like to hear how they are holding up.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
Any body get a shipping notice for theirs today? Not me.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,153 Posts
Any body get a shipping notice for theirs today? Not me.
No, just
Estimated delivery:
Sat, Jan 30 - Tue, Feb 02
ordered on Jan 21st.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
So as I thought more about installing these I decided what a perfect spot to mount some lightweight rock lights to as to not have to drill holes for bolts in the RMAX itself. I decided to try some of these. Hopefully their pretty bright.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
For me personally the only need for this would be to block snow dust from reaching the intake for the CVT. Since I haven’t got around to trying to seal mine off yet, can anyone confirm that it will prevent the snow dust/wet belt issue?
02CFC392-ED09-4C2C-BF8F-888158636254.jpeg

This snow was the wet type and in 3 hours of driving like a red neck, no issues. But I’m wondering if the dry snow cure is as simple as installing those gaurds?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'm very jelous. We keep getting teased with snow. It will be 38 and snow but too warm to stick and then it will be 31 and rain.
Mostly been the same here too. Driest winter I’ve ever seen.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
401 Posts
And we get light snow, then rain, then a few bitter cold days, then light snow, then rain, then a few bitter cold well you get the picture here, when I finally get to go back out riding it will be a sloppy mess but that's ok !

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Got them on tonight-driver's side was pretty easy, passenger side was a little more of a challenge. Very nice fit with both of them. Passenger side has a bigger hole and then a smaller round hole in it. Both of those spots line up directly behind the battery compartment. I was able to put pressure on the plate with my flashlight to push it back far enough to get the factory bolt to poke through the small hole so I could get the washer and nut on it. Tricky part is getting my paw up there while I'm holding pressure on it to get the nut started. Here's the pic behind the battery compartment and the rest of the fit of the passenger side.
IMG_4087.jpg IMG_4077.jpg
And here are the pics of the driver's side one. I haven't had a chance to take it down the road to see how they work yet-tomorrow will be a good day-high is supposed to be around 20 degrees F with wind chills in the single digits.
IMG_4079.jpg IMG_4082.jpg
They put a piece of paper with them thanking you for buying from them with a YouTube link to an installation video-don't bother with the link though-the video is unavailable. Pretty easy to figure out the installation-especially if I could figure it out-lol.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts