Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Both sticks came through within a couple of inches of each other. The second one was most concerning not because of the ugly situation it put me in but because it was half rotten and blunt. It was not some fresh cut sharpened Speer. It was like a half rotten baseball bat coming through.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
That's physics for you. This is pic I found on the internet after a tornado. Maybe its a good thing we are speed limited.
That looks more like the tree grew around the hose that way.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Maybe, I googled "straw in telephone pole after tornado" (I remembered seeing a picture of that before) and this imaged showed up and I thought it was a little more impressive.

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I finally found time to repair the floor after some time off. As posted before it was the second time I have had to repair this area because of a simple stick in the trail. It wasn't any easier the second time. You have to take the whole dang machine apart to get the floor out. The repair was easy..... about an hour. I have not yet fabricated a shield for the area but will post when I get to it. Both sticks entered the same area. The little triangle area is a prefect spot for things to get jammed and not deflect. I won't be in the mountains again till it's shielded. The last time was pretty dangerous with the stick causing wide open throttle and no breaks. Perfect storm..... twice.

Water Automotive tire Tints and shades Asphalt Rectangle
Automotive tire Gesture Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tire Wheel
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Grey

·
Registered
659 Posts
I finally found time to repair the floor after some time off. As posted before it was the second time I have had to repair this area because of a simple stick in the trail. It wasn't any easier the second time. You have to take the whole dang machine apart to get the floor out. The repair was easy..... about an hour. I have not yet fabricated a shield for the area but will post when I get to it. Both sticks entered the same area. The little triangle area is a prefect spot for things to get jammed and not deflect. I won't be in the mountains again till it's shielded. The last time was pretty dangerous with the stick causing wide open throttle and no breaks. Perfect storm..... twice.

View attachment 99415 View attachment 99416 View attachment 99417 View attachment 99418
I do know the Yamaha skid plate wraps up over that lip on my X2 and protects that area. I'll get some pics for everyone later.

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
New floor liners are like $85 and new outside plastic is under $20. But the plastic repair was easy so while I had the time (which is rare) I just fixed it. I'll replace it in the future. .... getting it apart for the second time was terrible.

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
979 Posts
I've been removing the drivers side door hinges with the door by removing the outer fender. It makes removing the floor tub a little bit easier. Just a little bit...
Forget about removing the passenger side floor tub without removing the dash. These machines are assembled with the tub installed before the dash is installed I bet.

·
Vendor
597 Posts
Checked the website today but still not available.
Very soon. I know my website girl is working on the pics and page right now. They should be just about done. Maybe getting boxed up and waiting for the website to be finished.

Question: In which direction do you intend the branch deflection to go? Up through the dash or inward through the center console? Unless you stop the branch from entering the cab, it's coming through somewhere.
Good question. I haven't seen them yet. Probably out and off to the sides. Looks like it from the RZR and Ranger protectors we've done.

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Eye Grey Asphalt Automotive tire Road surface

Automotive tire Helmet Gas Bedrock Road surface
there is a perfect pocket that funnels things into it. If you look close you can see the scar from the previous repair. Same spot! Bad design but I'll armor it with something....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just saw these are available now.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
410 Posts
Does anyone know of the new inner fender guards will work with the unique off-road products splash guard block off plates?
yes , they work fine together. I have both installed.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts