Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Rmax 1000 4seater Le
125 Posts
100% I'll post up as soon as I see them getting boxed up. I've seen some pretty awful stuff on other forums, so I've been pushing for these for a long time.
We all need some remedy,bulletliner,pondliner 20ml,something to protect us.Alot of minds with good ideas.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
The bedliner stuff is tough but I don't know how it would react to penetration. Its tough against scrapes. However most truck beds are metal and dent before they get a hole in them from impalement. I don't think the plastic in this area will fair well with a bedliner coating. I think it is going to take something more rigid.

I talked to Trail Armor and they seem open to the idea now but need a buggy to mock them up on. I'm open to donating mine again but not until the spring as I don't want to miss out on any snow riding.

SuperATV, the ball is in your court if you can get them out faster.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I hope everyone reads and understands how you stopped. It could have been bad especially for a novice that could panic. We may need a thread on what to do in various emergency situations.
I guess I'm kind of confused about the throttle limiter part. Could someone explain a little bit?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Press the brake pedal a little and the throttle will cut out and not allow you to run wide open. Use the e-brake to stop if you can't push the brake pedal enough to stop.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The bedliner stuff is tough but I don't know how it would react to penetration. Its tough against scrapes. However most truck beds are metal and dent before they get a hole in them from impalement. I don't think the plastic in this area will fair well with a bedliner coating. I think it is going to take something more rigid.

I talked to Trail Armor and they seem open to the idea now but need a buggy to mock them up on. I'm open to donating mine again but not until the spring as I don't want to miss out on any snow riding.

SuperATV, the ball is in your court if you can get them out faster.
Bulletliner a new company has tough spray on but your going to pay alot.It seems strong enough as they take sledge hammer to it.One guy was using pondliner on his undercarriage to keep clean.,easy clean up.I always thought diamond plate was needed at first sight under hoodfender.We all better get something so we are not next.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Press the brake pedal a little and the throttle will cut out and not allow you to run wide open. Use the e-brake to stop if you can't push the brake pedal enough to stop.
Lol. So it was as simple as I thought. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Bulletliner a new company has tough spray on but your going to pay alot.It seems strong enough as they take sledge hammer to it.One guy was using pondliner on his undercarriage to keep clean.,easy clean up.I always thought diamond plate was needed at first sight under hoodfender.We all better get something so we are not next.
What was the bulletliner applied to? The Ponliner looks liket it might catch and stretch before letting something through. I'm a fan of UHMW just for the fact it's tough and is slick. Metal tends to bend and hold mud.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Lol. So it was as simple as I thought. Thanks!

Yes, its a built in safety feature but at the same time can cause you a headache is the switch is bad.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I can’t imagine a stick going through rhino lining but there is metal from the bed giving it support. I am sure it would help. Rhino lining is slippery unlike linex probably would be better because a stick would slip off easier.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I would go with diamond plate. UHMW would prob work as a second choice. Either is better than we have now which has as much protection as thick cardboard.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,498 Posts
When I worked on the pipeline we coated the pipe with this two-part mixture that hardened it was really tough I don’t know if it would work in this situation or not
Sound like some sort of epoxy resin which would require a clean surface. Rubber undercoating spray may do something.

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I would go with diamond plate. UHMW would prob work as a second choice. Either is better than we have now which has as much protection as thick cardboard.
Choosing uhmw just because I can fab it easier with heat. Their are some interesting contours under there to try and fab in metal I wish i had the skill to do the metal fab but I don't. I think 1/4" UHMW should do it. Maybe even 3/16..... or maybe a good stiff piece of cardboard. 🤣 gotta be better than what's there. I joke about it but it is a SERIOUS flaw. I hope people don't get hurt by it. My machine will not go to the mountains till I have it fixed and reinforced.

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
979 Posts
Reactions: Tripplec

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lightening struck twice. A short time after purchasing my RMAX2, I had a small stick (approximately 2" diameter) punch a hole through my floorboard. It cracked the outer plastic and the inner floor liner. I repaired it (heat welded) and thought it was just a fluke that would never happen again. Surprise! This evening while descending slightly rocky blue trail (approximately 6mph) i found another stick. Although it was old and blunt, it easily penitrated both outer and inner layers and was jammed behind my break and in front of my throttle. It forced the throttle to accelerate and the brake was blocked. I am happy to report the throttle limiter worked when the break was slightly depressed and I was able to cut the key off and hit the E- break fast. I was very lucky the trail was not dangerous..... it could have been much worse.
I know this will probably never happen to anyone else but beware! The RMAX has an extremely vulnerable area behind the front wheels. Friends KRX has a thin steel wall in this area.... surprisingly it's pretty marked up from similar situations. YAMAHA will probably not address weakness but I will fabricate some 1/4" uhmw to cover the area. I started to do it the first time but who would have thought lightening would strike twice? View attachment 99170
View attachment 99169
That's terrible. I have the 2022 Rmax 2 XTR. I will look at this area of mine to see if anything has been improved or can be done to help strengthen that area.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
41 - 60 of 102 Posts