Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats everyones thoughts on them and what ones do you have? was thinking of getting some. so far i have seen the factory ones and emp ones. anyone else making them yet?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
never thought about snow and ice build up. my grizzly i had them. but had take them off to put the tracks on.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I know when my bonus at work comes, I'll be ordering the EMP A arm guards and front skid.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mimeeks3 do you have the EMP front bumper? if so could you measure how far it sticks out from the front of the buggy please.

·
Registered
718 Posts
mimeeks3 do you have the EMP front bumper? if so could you measure how far it sticks out from the front of the buggy please.
From the farthest point forward on the plastic (right under the tuning fork logo) to the winch hook hanging from the roller fairlead is 10 inches. From that same point the the shackle attachments on the front of the bumper itself is 6 inches.

Reactions: VTpoolman

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you go to my pictures section you can see my Yamaha a arm guards. I haven't had a problem cleaning them out, they are open on the outside ends which let you hose them out pretty well. :cool:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ordered my guards, skid, and mirror from EMP this evening. If they're in stock, I should have them Friday and will get them put on this weekend.

Reactions: VTpoolman

·
Registered
157 Posts
any updates on these guys? Torn between the OEM at a discounted price with my dealer or the EMP if either are really necessary. Its likely a stick will get up there and poke it moreso than something else I presume.

I cant seem to find the specs on the OEM thickness.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
any updates on these guys? Torn between the OEM at a discounted price with my dealer or the EMP if either are really necessary. Its likely a stick will get up there and poke it moreso than something else I presume.

I cant seem to find the specs on the OEM thickness.
My Yamaha A arm skids are 1/8 thick.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
My OEM plastic one broke off.

Was looking at the aluminum ones. Is there any chance of them bending into a CV boot and taring it to shreds?
It would be difficult for the aluminum ones to bend into the CV boot. The angle and force required of the object hitting it would likely destroy the boot anyway if the guard were not there.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just ordered the ricochet ones. hope they are as nice as the set on the old grizzly i had. they were very good.

·
Registered
2022 Rmax 2 Sport
220 Posts
Were the ricochet 229.00?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yup $229.00
$243.24 shipped
both front and back

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
That's a hell of a price...I have never used Ricochet before, because they have always been overpriced, but that is really a bargain. I have a full set of Yamaha front and rear sitting new in the box at home that I am holding for a guy who is interested in buying them. The yamaha ones are definitely better build quality than the EMP, no doubts there. I Imagine the ricochet will be on par with the yamaha ones.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.