Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've read on the stalling issues and have had that problem a lot lately. In technical terrain and climbs especially it will stall, but on top of that my wolverine will randomly start cutting out when I punch the throttle up hills ect. One ride it would hardly Rev out for a few minutes then acted fine a few minutes later. I would compare it to a bad tuned carb but it only does it randomly. Anyone else having similar issues? It seems at this point to do it during when it's warm and in extreme uneven terrain. I'm keeping up with the Rzrs but having a few very unpredictable and hard to determine issues in the process. Thanks guys any help is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yep, sounds fuel related. I would check the fuel vent line and make sure it's cleaned. Remember we put those small inline filters to keep dirt and stuff from getting into the tank.

Also, the roll over valve may be getting stuck closed and not letting the tank vent.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
it does sound like there might be dirt or water in the fuel,the fuel filter is probably in the pump itself,if there is a drain on the fuel tank I would let it sit for a day then drain,also could be a faulty pump.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think its water in fuel, its like it flames out when it stalls, and its loading up with fuel when its cutting out. Its hard to determine and hard to tell a dealer what it is when I cant get it to do it consistently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this may be a Captain Obvious thing but I didn't see it mentioned... Are you allowing it to fully transition into 4 wheel drive and or Diff Lock? If the sensors don't recognize a full shift it will automatically de-tune and act just as described. My neighbors de-tunes at times without the dash showing it. He says he is taking it in for a check. If I find out anything I'll post.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All stock motor and fuel. I just got off a good hour ride and I was pushing it good. 4x4 and low, stopped then point it at the hill and punch it, as soon as the machine hits the hill and the balance changes it cuts out immediately, bogs a but, then pulls out of it. And again had it die on me at idle while on uneven terrain. It's not exactly safe for the type of riding I'm doing. On flat ground it's fine. Of coarse that's where a mechanic will test it so I'm stuck for now. I'm running some heat threw it now in case there is water in the fuel.

·
Engineer
1,807 Posts
They are extremely lean low-mid powerband, especially off idle. Some areas I have added up to 35%more fuel getting to an air fuel ratio of 13. I'm working on a new map to try and solve the lean issue. Any exhaust mods just makes it worse. I'll post a write up when complete.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, I truly feel like it's a issue with fuel somewhere but it's odd it only does this when I have a terrain change. I'll keep riding it and hopefully it gets better.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had it bog down on me when I was in low with diff lock on it about to climb substanal hill. It did not stall, but surprised me when it bogged down like this. Glad it did not stall while on the climb……

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so are you saying it still loses power climbing when the diff lock isn't in the locked position?
Its cutting out and loosing power in 4x4 Low, no diff lock. It's not like the limiter when its halfway locked in, its cutting out like its starved or loaded with fuel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the same basic issue. when in low / 4x4 the engine would "bog" or act like it was on the limiter..I still have no reason for mine doing this. I do know it is really starting to aggravate me. When you get into a "hairy situation" and expect your machine to perform, this seems to be when it falls flat of its face.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Exactly. And it will be near impossible to replicate the problem to a dealer or explain it properly. I have the extended warranty but I don't want to be without the machine for any time. Pretty disappointed in how this is turning out

1 - 20 of 26 Posts