Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done anything to improve the stock cup holders. These are great if you drink coffee all day. My bottle of cold water dose not stay cold long before it is hot water.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use a small foldable foam cozy. It keeps the drink cold longer and it helps it fit the hole a *little* better.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to look into a after market cup holder. The Viking dash has cup holders. The Wolverine cup holders are easy to use, but should of been insulated to keep the heat out.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
what about just wrapping the underside of the cup holders with aluminum tape.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I just drink my beer faster
THIS. The only time the cup holder is used is if I am really in the shit and need two hands on the wheel. Otherwise that beer, I mean, totally legal non-alcoholic beverage, is in my right hand, left is running the steering wheel. Oh and of course it's in a coozy.

On a more serious note, you could definitely do dynamat or similar on the underside of the cupholder areas if it is really a concern.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
had some extra time so figured i would try my own suggestion. got to help right?
IMG_1764.jpg IMG_1765.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
LMAO...no it would need to be visible from outside the buggy, like a sticker that says NOS or something of that nature. Those are good for an easy 15HP any day of the week.
Old school sleeper! Honestly, the heat tape might be a really good idea for the entire box, I plan on keeping a few munchies in there.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bought a Rhino cup holder on eBay. Had to do a couple of mods to make it fit right. cup holder.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take a cardboard box that can cover and surround both cupholders (from underneath) and be around an inch larger on all sides of the 2 cups. Line the box with plastic or saran wrap. Poke a small hole in the box and using the nozzle, squirt in "Insta Foam" or other expanding foam crack filler. Pull off box after a few minutes . You can still drill out the drain hole from the top trough the foam. Hey, I take my beer very seriously... and

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This one I installed works great. No more engine heated drinks.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
anyone tried adding some on top of the dash like the rzr guys do?
The Yamaha Viking has holders on top of the dash too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just guzzle my 12 Canadian beers before my ride...they stay nice n' cold that way...

Kidding...of course

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just took my console out and formed a box form made from flexable cardboard ( I used a carton from a 12 pack) around the cup holder from the bottom and then filled it full of exspandable foam ( Great Stuff). It added 2-3 inchs of foam all around the holder cups. The excess is easy to cut off and it doesn't have to be pretty just fuctional!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts