Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought the solid black symbols around the control knobs (4 whd selector, headlights, & key switch) lacked something being all black making it hard to see the raised lettering. So I came up with this solution.

What worked well was a fine point "Painters" permanent paint pen from Walmart in their crafts section ($1.97). They have different colors but I stayed with white since the line on the 2 whd. / 4 whd. selector knob is white. Now it sort of pops out like I wanted them to.

Suggestions for doing it are to have very good lighting and in my case with aging eyes to wear 2 pair of reading glasses to really highlight the edges to only get paint on the raised part. Clean with rubbing alcohol. Shake pen for a long time to get white pigment really stirred well for it to be as white as possible.

Knob Symbols 1 Painted.JPG Knob Symbols 2 Painted.JPG

·
Banned
420 Posts
Nice, but I don't think I have the patience to do that good of a job.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it really didn't take but about 5 minutes, a steady hand, and being able to see what your doing well.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Nice job PapaSkeeta, I'm going to use your great idea!

·
Registered
242 Posts
The white looks great. I did the same but used a Sharpie Silver marker.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I did the same thing. What a difference, especially at night. I used enamel white paint and a foam brush. Two real dry coats so it doesn't run down the raised letters. Its been 3 months and so far show no signs of coming off.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Even better would be if these were lighted for night use. But highlighting them is a bonus.

ATTACH=CONFIG]13689[/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Reactions: Test Master

·
Registered
395 Posts
Not sure why Yamaha doesn't do this.

I'm am going to do this.

Tape off the area. Paint everything white, let dry. Paint over the white with black then just sand the high parts.

Or do what he did. Im too shaky though :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used the silver sharpie too. No, I don't have a steady hand so i had some paint thinner handy to clean up my mistakes.

·
Registered
385 Posts
That really looks great. GOOD JOB

·
Registered
91 Posts
I also did the L-H-N-R next to the gear selector.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hadn't even thought about doing the L-H-N-R. Went and did them and it makes that whole area around the gear shifter look a lot better. Good idea, mannift.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I get 'em sometimes... :cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts