Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
RMAX-4 LE
140 Posts
Battery is your best bet for constant 12v.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I am guessing he doesn't want to go to the battery(winch solenoid) because it will be easily seen and possibly disconnected or give away the trackers location in the vehicle.

A hidden away tap would be harder to find.

The power going to the ignition switch is about the only other always ON circuit, I think.

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
1,333 Posts
Check your fuses with the key turned off. Accessary fuse is always powered, EPS fuse is always powered, Main Power fuse is always powered. Check electrical schematic to confirm.

·
Registered
Wolverine RMAX 4 XTR 1000
294 Posts
I am guessing he doesn't want to go to the battery(winch solenoid) because it will be easily seen and possibly disconnected or give away the trackers location in the vehicle.

A hidden away tap would be harder to find.

The power going to the ignition switch is about the only other always ON circuit, I think.
I'm not sure if the connector is used on your model but there is a black connector right by the airbox inlet towards the front. I was trying to find a keyed accessory jack last night that was not behind the dash. But it had a constant 12volts on it with the key off so I capped it back off. Perfect hiding spot down under all those wires. And will look factory.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
441 Posts
RmaxUt074 I used that connector for the factor stereo and can now listen to it with the machine off. I don't know what it was intended for though.

Reactions: RmaxUt074

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would get something that didn't require the 12V source I'm sure the dirt bags disconnect the battery right away to disable tracking the vehicle. I know they have them with built in batteries that last for years.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'd let insurance handle it. I don't want it back after they did who knows what to it. May just be problems once I got it back.
I'm with you on that.

Reactions: therebel19
1 - 10 of 10 Posts