Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X4 XTR
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've mostly grown up on sport four wheelers and for awhile stopped riding, then made a move back to utility four wheelers (and side by sides obviously). I owned a sportsman 570 prior to my current outlander. I had a shoulder injury from riding my sportsman like it was a sport quad which was one of the reasons I sold it years. Fast forward to my current outlander which was just supposed to be for mild trail riding. Wellll... this past weekend I injured my wrist riding like a damn xxc rider at Mines and Meadows lol.

I love riding four wheelers... they are easy to sneak through different areas that a sxs can't, they have less of an impact on trail systems, and most of my home trails are quad trails that I am some what converting to small sxs trails now. That being said, man am I the only one who gets on these damn things and rides like a mad man?

Why can't I just ride to enjoy the scenery 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
503 Posts
also one of the reasons why i got ride of our outlander lol. I was getting more and more stupid on it :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
532 Posts
My crazy ATV days are long over but I did have a decal in the X2 saying "Buckle Up I want to try something"

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've talked to people that have said the cage gives them a false sense of security on a side by side... I've never really looked at it that way in a UTV, but then again that could be because I've always had a passenger in my UTV.

·
Registered
2021 RMax4, Poly Windshield
41 Posts
That fearlessness follows you. If you rode hard on your wheelers, you're gonna push the limits with the SxS. I have the same background as you, riding sport quads. I sure do miss sending my YFZ450 through the air in Little Sahara. But at least now, I can share the outdoor/4x4 adventure with my kids.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have noticed that it follows me for sure lol. It's also not go when my 6yo daughter who is supposed to be the one keeping me responsible says "That was fun, maybe we can do it again but a little faster next time" LMFAO.

Bad news: I think I've talked myself in to selling the outlander
Good news: I think this means I get to by a second sxs, something a little sportier than the X4. Hmmmmm.....

·
Registered
503 Posts
now is the time to sell it too. everyone is still waiting to get toys and get riding

Reactions: RmaxUt074

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, exactly what I tried telling my wife. Most people are going to have to wait to get something if they order it.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I can say I've done more damage to mys SXS then the 4 wheeler. My Banshee just kind of bounces off things. The SXS dents and cracks. As far hurting your self, I don't know. As long as your strapped in and don't come out of the SXS, its probably a little safer, but if you come out, things can get pretty bad.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can say I've done more damage to mys SXS then the 4 wheeler. My Banshee just kind of bounces off things. The SXS dents and cracks. As far hurting your self, I don't know. As long as your strapped in and don't come out of the SXS, its probably a little safer, but if you come out, things can get pretty bad.
That’s why you install these. LOL

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah harnesses have gone in all 3 side by sides ive owned within a month of ownership. My daughter loved her harness setup in our rzr.

Ugh I miss that thing :(
If you need a handle for a back seat rider in your X-4. I make handles for them little ones.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I still ride quads with my buddies in the dunes, we drive between 4 and 15 hours to hit all the good dunes in the country each year. We have thousands into our motors and run $25 a gallon oxygenated fuel. As long as my body allows me to, I will always rip the dunes on my YFZ450. We leave in 2 weeks to the Oregon coast.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I still ride quads with my buddies in the dunes, we drive between 4 and 15 hours to hit all the good dunes in the country each year. We have thousands into our motors and run $25 a gallon oxygenated fuel. As long as my body allows me to, I will always rip the dunes on my YFZ450. We leave in 2 weeks to the Oregon coast.

View attachment 94597
Here's a blast from my past! haha. 12hr. drive to Oklahoma.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The only problem is I've got my daughter hooked....

by the looks of the yard he has a little race track going!! lol The boss and i have been going back and forth with getting a little quad like that for our 6 year old. The boss wants to get her a little dirt bike with training wheels, while i'm wanting her on a different 4 wheels lol.

Reactions: wolvymanx4
1 - 20 of 40 Posts