Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in Illinois 8 mos/yr and winter in AZ.

Have pretty much settled on an RMAX4 Limited, given the 4 passenger capability, compact size, and Yamaha reliability. We've located a low mileage used or new '22 in Illinois, or new ones available in Arizona.

The RMAX would stay in AZ, and be street licensed. Already learning on this forum
about YES warranty savings and Service Manual availability. (I ride a Yamaha Super Tenere in both states and do all my own maintenance after a dealer botched valve check.)

Anything I should know before pulling the trigger?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I bought the YES warranty for my 2019 X2. I drive the hell out of this machine but I doubt I'll need it. It was $630 peace of mind spread over four years. Be sure you add the 1600-mile secondary sheave service to your list of maintenance. Other than that... Enjoy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well this is turning out to be harder than I expected. I've discounted buying the used one here as too expensive to get it there. I've tried working with Nash Power Sports in Mesa, and Ride Now in Chandler. Both their sales staff were quick on the initial response, but then quit communicating once I start asking detailed questions. Nash has the RMAX4 Limited I want except it has a bench rear seat that I don't want. Ride Now has one that came missing parts that are backordered. Residual Chip shortages??

I really expected it to be easier to part with ~$30k.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
736 Posts
Here is one currently sitting at the dealer I go to in South East Wisconsin. I know you wanted to get one in Arizona, but if you live in Illinois maybe this one is a option ?

Give Rick a call , and tell him Pohlhammer told you he had one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well this is turning out to be harder than I expected. I've discounted buying the used one here as too expensive to get it there. I've tried working with Nash Power Sports in Mesa, and Ride Now in Chandler. Both their sales staff were quick on the initial response, but then quit communicating once I start asking detailed questions. Nash has the RMAX4 Limited I want except it has a bench rear seat that I don't want. Ride Now has one that came missing parts that are backordered. Residual Chip shortages??

I really expected it to be easier to part with ~$30k.
Give 4 Seasons Motorsports a call: (928) 474-3411
They are dealer just outside of Payson, AZ (which is about 80 miles outside of Phoenix). No guarantees but I've bought my last 2 machines from them completely over the phone and email including a 2022 Rmax4 LE earlier this year. I don't know their stock situation but if they have one or one coming in, you'll likely have a much better experience there than buying in Phoenix metro area.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Give 4 Seasons Motorsports a call: (928) 474-3411
They are dealer just outside of Payson, AZ (which is about 80 miles outside of Phoenix). No guarantees but I've bought my last 2 machines from them completely over the phone and email including a 2022 Rmax4 LE earlier this year. I don't know their stock situation but if they have one or one coming in, you'll likely have a much better experience there than buying in Phoenix metro area.
Thanks, Pretty sure I've ridden by there on the Super Tenere. Whole different attitude and altitude up there. Could even drive it home via Young. You probably had a trade, but can you share your OTD $?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Four Seasons just took a deposit for their last 2022. Getting 2023s shortly, with $3k increase. Nash actually just got a new stock Limited, and gave me what appears to be a pretty good OTD price. Ride Now had really high freight and dealer prep. Their unit is missing a roof that's on backorder.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally got a decent offer in writing from Nash and put a refundable deposit down. Still have delivery details to work out. Passed the info over to Ride Now who is offering to have a unit waiting when we arrive in January for $480 less. They may be counting on the roof not coming in. I ask what if they don't get any more 22's and they only have '23s. Kind of silence on the other end. I would have to get something in writing. I may see if Nash could throw in a street legal kit to stay with them.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
736 Posts
Finally got a decent offer in writing from Nash and put a refundable deposit down. Still have delivery details to work out. Passed the info over to Ride Now who is offering to have a unit waiting when we arrive in January for $480 less. They may be counting on the roof not coming in. I ask what if they don't get any more 22's and they only have '23s. Kind of silence on the other end. I would have to get something in writing. I may see if Nash could throw in a street legal kit to stay with them.
So you took one dealers best OTD price , and sent it to another to beat. I can tell you are from Illinois, lol.
Better get that second dealers price in writing too , and cross fingers they don't talk. Good luck!
Are these the two dealers you would bring it to for service ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So you took one dealers best OTD price , and sent it to another to beat. I can tell you are from Illinois, lol.
Better get that second dealers price in writing too , and cross fingers they don't talk. Good luck!
Are these the two dealers you would bring it to for service ?
Good question. I have had one recall done on my Super Tenere at RideNow, and have ordered parts through them. Their YELP rating is about 2.5, while Nash is 3.5 (Neither stellar). I would likely travel the 80 miles north to 4 Seasons in Payson for any dealer service. I would probably be buying there if they had any 2022's left. Their OTD for a '23 indicated the lowest mark ups.

I do plan to do most maintenance my self. My first Super Tenere valve check by a dealer here in Illinois left the breather hose disconnected and sucking dirty air into the clean side of the air box. I have a service manual and have done my own valve adjustments ever since. I prefer to DIY, save the money, and know it was done right. I plan to get a service manual for the RMAX too.

Very likely to stick with Nash, as I don't trust Ride Now to put it in writing, and likely making promises they can't/won't keep.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bought from Nash. Storing for us, and will complete paperwork when we arrive in January so we don't waste warranty. Will be ordering accessories for Dec delivery. At least street kit and windshield. Suggestions welcome.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts