Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new player to the game will be nosing it's way into the competitive world of side by sides next week.
Not a brand you would think.
High HP, long(er) travel suspension, yet utility minded with innovative features and a boat load of factory options for accessories.
I will be interested to see how it compares to my Wolverine.

·
Super Moderator
504 Posts
LOL. Badboy 900 Stampede 4x4.

I bet they have a long way to go in the real world of gas powered utv's. Are they made in the US?

Definitely will be interesting though.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I saw an ad for them in last months issue of utv action, or dirtwheels, or one of them I dunno I get them all lol. They are popular in the yuppy hunting ranches with their electric versions because they are quiet. But honestly, I have my doubts. We shall see.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Made in Augusta, GA.
EZGO, Cushman, and Bad Boy mfg'd in USA.
Textron acquired Bad Boy around 2013-2013.
New powersports division different than the pre-existing electric side.
All are subsidaries of Textron aviation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
80 HP German designed dry sump engine with 59 ft lbs torque. Can run VERY high RPM's without overheating the oil.
Engine block has been around for years used in racing and marine applications.
Turbo version produces 143 HP. Bad Boy Off Road acquired the German engine company specifically to design and build their powersports engines in their side by sides.
Suspension also is hard to believe for a new entry into this competitive market.
This division is Bad Boy Off Road, not Bad Boy Buggies.
Built in Augusta, GA. Torque monster. Quiet enough to talk normally while driving.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
80 HP German designed dry sump engine with 59 ft lbs torque. Can run VERY high RPM's without overheating the oil.
Engine block has been around for years used in racing and marine applications.
Turbo version produces 143 HP. Bad Boy Off Road acquired the German engine company specifically to design and build their powersports engines in their side by sides.
Suspension also is hard to believe for a new entry into this competitive market.
This division is Bad Boy Off Road, not Bad Boy Buggies.
Built in Augusta, GA. Torque monster. Quiet enough to talk normally while driving.

Well that sounds about too good to be true lol. If the specs are for real, and the price is competitive, I can see them selling a lot of these things right out of the gate. Once the aftermarket is there, a company like that could be a very big player.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It does sound too good to be true. I love my Wolverine, and it would take a lot to sway me away. I just wish it had a turf mode so I didn't torch my yard riding my kids around after school.
The Stampede also has a space behind the cockpit before the dump bed that they have a bow holder, gun rack, cooler for, etc. Multiple bumpers available from a steel brush guard to a pro armor style bumper, cool looking rock sliders available, a font basket, windshield options similar to Polaris' lock and ride system, and a bunch of others. I've seen the Inferno Red, Platinum deluxe model, and the Camo edition. Also have it in black and green. Models can come equipped with Maxxis Bighorn tires with 14" custom factory wheel options. Best doors on the market. You will be surprised at the doors and the drop door for the middle storage area.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good question. Not 100% sure. I am fairly confident it is an inline twin. I know the engine has forged internals. Has CVT trans and has "incredible engine braking" for steep descents. Only relaying what I know, have seen, and have been told. Just know it is German. I will see if I can come across a spec sheet.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Not the coolest looking thing that's for sure.
4-27-2016 1-52-12 PM.png 4-27-2016 1-53-37 PM.png

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Who knows, we will see Monday when all the ATV websites and magazines release their articles/write-ups and videos.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Ok, yah that looks much better.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Yeah, no way am I considering one! Just passing on some pics I ran across.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Same here, just sharing some info. I am always interested in new stuff being developed as it forces others to raise HP numbers, suspension travel, etc.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts