Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I could get shims for my r spec? From what i have read they seem to be what I am looking for. I'm ok with losing some top end speed for some low end snort. Anyone have an idea where I could hunt some down at? Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Anyone know where I could get shims for my r spec? From what i have read they seem to be what I am looking for. I'm ok with losing some top end speed for some low end snort. Anyone have an idea where I could hunt some down at? Thanks for any input
had mine installed at my dealer, I lost about 4mph off the top end,but works for me.

·
Engineer
1,807 Posts
Trailcutter did it seem to give you low/mid range power?
That is a really good question. I know not addressed to me. Obviously, adding shims drops the belt lower in the primary sheave creating a lower take off or starting ratio, but what about the mid-range acceleration? If the ramps in the Wolverine sheave moved upwards in a linear progression, there would be no change to mid-range acceleration. However, the ramps are not linear and spike upward progressively towards the end. It probably isn't noticeable with small changes to shim thicknesses, but when you get closer to 2mm (if you get that far), the entire weight to spring ratio changes. Acceleration does increase from the bottom and through the ramp cycle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts