Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my machine to dealer to service clutch and am wondering if the rear box has to come off to get to the clutch?

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
You actually do not need to remove the bed to service the CVT. When I was swapping weights in mine I had it apart so many times I found it easiest to just loosen the bed bolts and wedge a 2x4 in between the bed and the frame to gain clearance to remove the fastener for the CVT exhaust tubing. Taking the bed off is easy, putting it back on is a bit more difficult, unless you have two people, even then it's still more time consuming than the way I do it now.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
You actually do not need to remove the bed to service the CVT. When I was swapping weights in mine I had it apart so many times I found it easiest to just loosen the bed bolts and wedge a 2x4 in between the bed and the frame to gain clearance to remove the fastener for the CVT exhaust tubing. Taking the bed off is easy, putting it back on is a bit more difficult, unless you have two people, even then it's still more time consuming than the way I do it now.
Good advice, I tried that but didn't work for me so I just removed it. Don't remember having any trouble putting it back on and always by myself

But it it works try this first

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Good advice, I tried that but didn't work for me so I just removed it. Don't remember having any trouble putting it back on and always by myself

But it it works try this first
The tricky part getting it back on is getting the front of the bed underneath the plastic that makes up the center console of the bike. To do it the right way, you have to remove all of the plastic retainer clips holding that console in place, then lift it up and slide the front of the bed underneath it. I didn't want to keeping pulling all those clips out, nor did I want to bed the plastic and chance breaking it, considering I was doing a lot of...trial and error lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yeah, I removed all the console clips then zip tie the back up to the rollbar cross brace. That way I can slide it under then work each side under it. Can't do it without another person otherwise.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
The tricky part getting it back on is getting the front of the bed underneath the plastic that makes up the center console of the bike. To do it the right way, you have to remove all of the plastic retainer clips holding that console in place, then lift it up and slide the front of the bed underneath it. I didn't want to keeping pulling all those clips out, nor did I want to bed the plastic and chance breaking it, considering I was doing a lot of...trial and error lol.
I didn't have to do that

·
Registered
367 Posts
Never had to do any of that to get the box back on by myself. I actually don't really understand why you would have to. Maybe I got lucky.... maybe you got unlucky

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
It'll fit over the console lips and the back lower seatpan plastic. But it's actually supposed to go under them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have over 3,300 miles on mine and it still top out at 52 mph. I will check the belt at 7,000 miles unless it won't rev out then I will clean out the sludge, regrease, and replace the weights if there are any flat spots and the 4 guides. I run stock tire size and rev it out often to grease the weights in low range to about 6,500 rpm or in high range which is about 48 mph. It's easy to just bump it into the rev limiter.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have over 3,300 miles on mine and it still top out at 52 mph. I will check the belt at 7,000 miles unless it won't rev out then I will clean out the sludge, regrease, and replace the weights if there are any flat spots and the 4 guides. I run stock tire size and rev it out often to grease the weights in low range to about 6,500 rpm or in high range which is about 48 mph. It's easy to just bump it into the rev limiter.
I am wondering if I should cancel my service, I had 6,000 miles on my polaris midsize and never had clutch serviced.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
took machine to dealer today,they serviced the clutch added shim,and submitted a claim on the shocks to Yamaha,so will see what happens

1 - 20 of 35 Posts