Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, next issue. The exhaust on my new Wolverine has this intermittent chirp that becomes so loud and annoying its driving me crazy. My 2008 rhino had the same thing but not as loud.

It about drives me crazy when its sits, idling. Took it back to the dealership this past weekend and they had no solution. Nothing is broken, it seems to be a harmonics issue and how it is mounted. I can apply pressue to it and stop the noise immediately. THinking of possibly adding a strap to it and clamping it off somewhere to add tension but I don't want to screw anything up.

Anyone else dealing with this? Solutions?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
A good mud bath worked great for me :D That or riding it to build up a soot layer. If you pressurewash the connection where the springs are really good, it'll start that squeak again. Who knew.. wolverines don't like baths. LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
54 miles this past weekend. Its getting used enough. My 2008 Rhino had the same issue, the entire 7 years I owned it. just not as rude as th Wolverines.

So, anyone have any real input?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
It's the connection between header and exhaust. Has like a cone fitting that fits into the muffler side pipe. It's this part rubbing back and forth. Again, it'll wear in and stop. Mine quit before the 200mile break in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the connection between header and exhaust. Has like a cone fitting that fits into the muffler side pipe. It's this part rubbing back and forth. Again, it'll wear in and stop. Mine quit before the 200mile break in.
Thanks! Much apprciated....

·
Registered
388 Posts
mine also quit squeaking right before the 200 mile mark, just ride it and cod on it and that should wear it and make it stop.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Guess I was one of the lucky ones because I never noticed that from the first day out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Rhino did it for the entire time I owned it. It was not as loud as the Wolverine's chirp. I was so glad to find out it was a wear-in thing and wouldn't be permanent. Plus, I plan to drive this bad boy in the woods during hunting season. Motor noise is something deer hear and tolerate. This chirping, not so sure on that......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts