Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,403 Posts
You got all them knock outs, get fancy.
I already have a winch rocker switch, I want to put a safety switch on it so it doesn't get bumped by accident. Just an on / off switch to power the winch rocker.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I already have a winch rocker switch, I want to put a safety switch on it so it doesn't get bumped by accident. Just an on / off switch to power the winch rocker.
That's what I linked. A winch power switch.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,403 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended up spraying the wires black so the blue and yellow did not stick out. Also thinking about cutting the leads to the battery because they're super long. Still trying to figure out where to connect a single thin red wire.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I ended up spraying the wires black so the blue and yellow did not stick out. Also thinking about cutting the leads to the battery because they're super long. Still trying to figure out where to connect a single thin red wire.
Thanks for this.
Where did you end up connecting the single red wire.
I'm having trouble finding ignition circuit
I spliced into the accessory lead for the SSV stereo I installed. The stereo used one of the accessory pairs that are behind the fire wall. You can splice into the + on one of those or buy some accessory leads and use the + on that.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I drove myself crazy last night trying to find the perfect winch. Stayed up until 3 am reading reviews, looking at specs, etc. Every winch out there had some bad reviews so I thought it was worth a shot at this price to take a chance on it.
Reviews are somewhat useful but to be honest most of the time they are a pain...in a review of the very same item you get everything from "it's the single greatest purchase I've made in my lifetime OVERJOYED" to "it caused severe diarrhea and an unexplained limp DO NOT BUY"... 😂

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,794 Posts
Perfect winch depends on a lot.
But for me not perfect but is functionally well designed (changing the gear release to pull it out and lock easily), has the power advertised rating and doesn't blow its gears after a few uses. It needs to work when you need it. Quality gears would be certainly key specification along with a motor that doesn't burn out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Super ATV winches hands down. I pulled a Chevy Colorado with my 4500 and it never even got hot. A friend of mine broke all four axles and winched over 4 miles with his 3500 and it didn’t get hot.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Does the RMax have the same built in winch mounting plate on the bumper as the X machines?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts