Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard would it be to change the plastic from blue to green? How much is the plastic? And will someone or Yamaha make a black front plastic?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want the Green one, but I found a used Blue one with 56 hrs for $9600! The 6mo warranty has expired, is the only drawback!

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
You'll have to take the top half of the cage off, but after that you can have the front plastics off in about 5 minutes

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can buy the nose and hood for about $150 from Babbits online. Stickers cost silly about about $60 for the sides of the bed and the hood decal.

Wraps are cheap at around $80 - $100 for enough to cover the nose, but good luck with that. I tried to wrap mine and the hood is a cinch, but the angles on the rest of the plastic are too extreme to do without putting several seams on there.
Stuff like 3M - 1080 is easy to work with, but not on the sharp corners, valleys and the turrets where the cage comes up through. You would need to hire a professional installer and they will likely have to seam as well.

I have seen other UTV's that are plasti dipped and it looks good. People say it is pretty durable and inexpensive.

IMG_4153.jpg

·
Registered
211 Posts
May finally be getting access to some non-Yamaha aftermarket graphics. As I had mentioned, wrapping anything other than the hood is quite a task because of the angles on the fenders and the crowns where the cage comes out. You would have to make something in pieces and install it which would be a huge undertaking. I don't really care for the Yamaha graphics kits and still would like to change mine up so I was looking around today and found these custom Wolverines for sale in Texas. I got ahold of the dealer and the graphics company that they use. They said they have all of the dimensions needed to cut the pieces that cover the nose. They are going to give me a call on Monday and let me know if they can make and ship custom kits.

Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 12.22.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 12.20.01 PM.png

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Plasti-Dipped mine black this weekend. The iridescent look is just a reflection off the windshield, it's actually a flat black.

IMG_4792.JPG IMG_4793.JPG IMG_4762.JPG

·
Far from stock
Former decked out 16 wolverine
970 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Dan
I did my hood with the rattle cans, I put three coats on. IIRC, the instructions on the can, or maybe I read it somewhere, said to put it on thicker with more coats if you plan on peeling it off later. After the better part of a year, I have noticed it dirt spots fairly easy but a little cleaner on a wet towel cleans it up well.
I have the camo and really do not like the color other than that the underside is black. I wish I could order a black one without the OEM wrap. The camo is more than twice the price of the blue or green. I tired to see if I could peel the camo but it is a 'wet wrap' from what I have been told and it is very tuff and will not come off. An auto bodyman friend says we can paint it just like the plastic bumpers these days and it should perform great, so I think I may go that route this winter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts