Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a center mounted mirror vs. side mounted mirror? Any advantages to one mount location over the other? Any makes/models highly recommended?

Thanks much for your input.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I got the EMP center mounted model (but had to mount it right over my head because my radio is in the way to for the center) and can see great behind me. I know some on here have bought a certain brand, cant remember which one, side mirror and they are great and can take a beating, but I'm just afraid if i get something like that I'll smack it off a tree and destroy it.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I have a cheap center mirror that I used a rollbar mount i bought on eBay and a 5" convex mirror from a truck parts store. It works well for seeing what's behind me.I miss side mirrors for seeing what's off to the side when backing up. I am waiting until I can afford the seizmik (sp?). They look really durable and have a lifetime warranty.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
I have a Yamaha center rear view mirror, however with the rear windscreen and gun rack with gun boots in it make the mirror about useless. I'm 6'3" and sit pretty tall, so most of my view is blocked by the rear windscreen solid panel towards the top. I may try moving it around to see if there is any usefull location, but side mirrors may be my best option.

·
Registered
211 Posts
See the thread below. Don't let the price fool you, this is a pretty good mirror. I used a set of light bar mounts to mount it to the roll bar and it works great. Mounting it in that fashion, you can bring it down far enough that it does not show below the roofline, and you can twist it in the brackets for the best view based on your high or sitting position. It is nice because it is panoramic so you can see everything behind you with ease. If I didn't use this, I would probably get a wide race car mirror. I don't like the side mount ones but only because of personal preference.

http://www.wolverineforums.com/forum/9-wolverine-general-discussion/219-mirrors.html

On Amazon for $20
Amazon.com : EZGO 603717 5-Panel Wink Mirror : Golf Carts : Sports & Outdoors

Then buy some mounts
Amazon.com: Polaris RZR 1.75" inch Roll Bar LED Light Bar Mount Adjustable: Automotive

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
cheap kolpin center mirror and sizmek pursuit side mirrors

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use a Kolpin centre mirror and have a pair of Yamaha side mirrors but I can't use those side mirrors with the Defender Cab windshield on. I'm need to find something that'll work as I miss not having a left mirror.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Trails I ride are often very tight, not sure side versions would be a good idea for me. Good point about the gun boot however.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which model Seizmik side mirror did you guys buy? UTV is in country so can't measure diameter roll bar tube it will attach to...

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
sizmeik persuit mirrors.but i look at the center mount more. half the time my side mirrors are folded in from bushwackin.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a Yamaha center rear view mirror, however with the rear windscreen and gun rack with gun boots in it make the mirror about useless. I'm 6'3" and sit pretty tall, so most of my view is blocked by the rear windscreen solid panel towards the top. I may try moving it around to see if there is any usefull location, but side mirrors may be my best option.
Same issue for me so I went with the Yamaha side mirror (driver's side only) but there are issues. Besides getting whacked to the side a lot on tight trails, it gets splattered with mud real quick when in the wet stuff. Makes it kind of useless at that point. One more thing to pack: water bottle and squeegee, lawl.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
here is how i fixed my side mirror splatter.
IMG_1762.jpg IMG_1763.jpg
rear splatter guard.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I used a Coleman ATV mirror, bought at wally world for about $30. I'm short (5'-8" on a good day), so the mirror sticking down was good for me. I don't have to look up to the roof to see out of the back. Sorry about the fuzzy picture.

Mirror.JPG

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
check out my pictures/ album and you will see. 24" x 30" mud flaps, no holes drilled in the buggy. used existing bolts and added two bolt with big washers and nuts on the rear bump outs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts