Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 12x7 5-2 offset STI HD beadlock rims came in. the center cap is to shallow. anybody else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just answered my own question. thanks. page 2 tire and wheel picture thread. funny i got them from rocky mountain too. waiting for a call back.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yep, happened to me too. Got the short when I even stated in the order to get the STI long ones for the viking. Here's the part#.
STI HD3/HD4/HD Beadlock Wheel Caps Yamaha Viking/Wolverine Slik-Kote Black
Part # 1442250010

Funny thing is they've all fell out and I only found 1 that was kind of floating in a mud hole. Talked with a STI rep and he stated that it's a good idea to put a small bead of silicon around them. Opps. oh well they are cheap at least.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the heads up. guess i will be siliconing them. when the come in. they called me right back and sed they are sending them out. hope they will be the right ones. IMG_1641.jpg
bighorn original 26-9-12 front 26-12-12 rear.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was told that several brands are having this issue and that all of the ITP wheels would work. Don't know if thats true or not, just what I was told.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I had the same issue with the same wheels, vtpoolman. You would think by now they would have noted this issue somewhere. I even chatted with a csr before placing my order and they said I would get the correct caps...not. They did send me the correct ones right away though so I can't complain too much. After all of that I lost one last trip lol

·
Registered
718 Posts
While I was waiting on my bigger ones to come in, I used my ******* ingenuity and cut the ends off the shorter caps and stuck the stock ones through them so I had something on there because the big ones were backordered and they said it could have possibly been a month before they came in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I actually took a chance and stopped by a local Yamaha dealer. They had the STI HD center caps in stock at 5$ a piece. It may be worth just checking your local dealer. Most of them carry aftermarket wheels and tires, so they keep this things on hand.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I placed my first ever Rocky Mountain ATV order last Friday for a new set of wheels. It seems crazy to me that this issue could still exist nearly two years after this forum thread. My new STI wheels showed up today after I had the EXACT same conversation on the phone as @Deeyoh with a CSR about the center caps when placing my order. Guess what showed up... Major bummer. I dropped off the rims at the tire shop before I even opened the box, brought them home excited to put them on for this weekend, and then I discovered they still didn't get it right. I called them right away and got told to email photos to the warranty guys which generated and auto-response email that said "your issue will be handled in the order in which it was received." We'll see how this works out but so far I'm unimpressed with RMATV customer service. When you spoon-feed the correct info to them, why can't it be done right the first time? Have they literally sent every Viking and Wolverine customer for two years through this fiasco? Seriously F$%&!

IMG_5952.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just found this out the other day myself. I put ITP c-series type 5 rims on and the center cap will not fit either will the type 7 cap, the itp delta caps would work but the diameter is to small. I'm going to try the type 4 steel caps and see if that works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts