Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
420 Posts
Wow. That hit home. Tomorrow it will be one year that I lost my best friend, my father to stage 4 lung cancer.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that BigDogDaddy . Last week was a year since my 9 year old daughter finished chemo for Hodgkins lymphoma

·
Registered
48 Posts
lost my dad to cancer 5 years ago. thats so sad to hear about children that have it. my heart goes out to anyone that has to deal with this tradgic disease

count me in for the ride!!! its only an hour away from me
used to go up there every year and watch the gncc races.

·
Registered
31 Posts
early detection is key!!!

tell your wives you're looking for lumps in her breasts. hell, i'm an expert lol
mine is stage 4 BC. she put it off for 6 months after feeling "something funny" on her breast.
in that 6 months the cancer spread to her liver and ovaries.

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
My heart goes out to you all still going thru chemo or loved ones going thru it. I am happy to say my wife is 3yrs cancer free now. 1 month from return of our honeymoon, she was diagnosed with stage 2 Hoskins lymphoma. Very trying time going thru chemo n radiation. Hope all turns out well for everyone fighting it.

·
Banned
420 Posts
May God bless you all that have had this monster become a part of your life's. My wife in December had a spot of melanoma removed from her leg. So far her outlook is very good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Really wish I could come support this ride. I lost the greatest nephew a man could could have to AML leukemia 4 years ago at the age of 17! God bless each and every person that has ever dealt with this demonic disease!

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For those who can't make it, but would like to contribute, you can order T-shirts or make donations. Portions of the T-shirt money will be used for donation. The information and email address are in the first post.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good afternoon Hammer, it looks like I have approximately 5 machine accompanied by 5 couples plus myself looking to head down to your event. I was hoping your could provide me with some "local knowledge" regarding lodging accommodations. I will be traveling with my travel trailer and will set up on site but the other guests would be looking for something a little less outdoorsy. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks Rick

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There is on site camping available. For those not wanting to camp, the town of Somerset is fairly close and is an exit off of the Pennsylvania turnpike. Bedford is the opposite direction, but is also near the turnpike and would have hotels.

The flight 93 memorial is within a few miles of Mountain Ridge. Their website may list nearby hotel's as well

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.