Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about doing a cage chop. Has anyone done one or post any pics? I can't find any info or pics on a wolverine...

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
I've been thinking about it too but have the fold down windshield. Not sure if I could just do a back chop to just flatten out the profile and still look ok.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen that pic. Have you seen the finished work on that Viking? I couldn't find a pic... I'm thinking of doing that, weld straight bars on top and a aluminum roof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chopped 3 inches out of my Wolverine roll cage, which reduced the vertical height by 2 1/4". Used mirror clamps as a guide to mark the cuts and a skill saw with a metal cutting blade to make the cuts. Used the removed sections as sleeves, and through-bolted the cage. Cut about 3/8” out of the length of the sleeves to reduce the diameter to fit snugly inside the roll cage bars. Also, cut the sleeves to 2 1/4” in length so they would fit between the bends. IMG_0179 - Copy.JPG IMG_0181 - Copy.JPG IMG_0182 - Copy.JPG IMG_0183 - Copy.JPG IMG_0186 - Copy.JPG IMG_0187 - Copy.JPG IMG_0188 - Copy.JPG

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Chopped 3 inches out of my Wolverine roll cage, which reduced the vertical height by 2 1/4". Used mirror clamps as a guide to mark the cuts and a skill saw with a metal cutting blade to make the cuts. Used the removed sections as sleeves, and through-bolted the cage. Cut about 3/8” out of the length of the sleeves to reduce the diameter to fit snugly inside the roll cage bars. Also, cut the sleeves to 2 1/4” in length so they would fit between the bends.
Thanks for sharing the details of your chop, especially the actual cage drop so others can see if they can fit in their enclosed trailers which seems to be the main reason for chopping.

Reactions: Topstoy

·
Registered
510 Posts
After alittle research on the Viking forum, it seems they just loosened the front cage bolts and it will give enough wiggle room for the back of the cage to accomadate the chop.

·
Holiday Winner!
131 Posts
After alittle research on the Viking forum, it seems they just loosened the front cage bolts and it will give enough wiggle room for the back of the cage to accomadate the chop.
this...

·
Registered
14 Posts
King149, On the back of the cage did you just cut 6" off the very bottom of the cage or measure up a little bit and take a chunk out? im gonna do this it looks sweet!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts