Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just contacted Moto Alliance about their Fire Storm heaters for the Wolverine, and they have not built one yet, or have any near future plans in the works. Told me to keep watching their website for updates.

Guess I'll have to resort to using our heated bike liners and gloves in the meantime.

Anyone know of other heaters that tie into the coolant other than the Fire Storm?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
defender cabs makes one for the Viking,lots of universal ones on ebay,just instsalled a 12 volt defroster in mine,puts out 150 watts and keeps window clear.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Defender installs the Fire Storm heater from Moto Alliance. Unfortunately MA hasnt designed one for the Wolverine...yet. i was thinking of calling them back and asking if the Viking heater could be plumbed to the Wolvie..maybe Monday. Have you got a chance to see just how well ur 12 v heater works in below 0 temps yet? I was wondering about getting one while I wait for the Fire Storm to be made. Do you have ur heater up on the dash to keep the window defrosted? Do u think it'll do well come Nov to March months? Would love to hear ur feedback.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Defender installs the Fire Storm heater from Moto Alliance. Unfortunately MA hasnt designed one for the Wolverine...yet. i was thinking of calling them back and asking if the Viking heater could be plumbed to the Wolvie..maybe Monday. Have you got a chance to see just how well ur 12 v heater works in below 0 temps yet? I was wondering about getting one while I wait for the Fire Storm to be made. Do you have ur heater up on the dash to keep the window defrosted? Do u think it'll do well come Nov to March months? Would love to hear ur feedback.
I don't have full doors,just a folding half on driver side and heavy plastic on passenger side with poly back panel and was 4 yesterday morning and felt comfy,waiting for my doors and back panel from defender cabs will send pics.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm...nice neat set up trailcutter. Where did you get ur heater? What kind of front window do u have?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I know other guys with other brands of side by sides that just run a computer style fan in some 3 inch metal ducking. One end is over a hot spot on the exhaust or engine and the other end stubbed into the cab. I'll be honest, they work way better then I thought they would. The wolverine gets super hot over the exhaust so this may work well.just a thought

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I know other guys with other brands of side by sides that just run a computer style fan in some 3 inch metal ducking. One end is over a hot spot on the exhaust or engine and the other end stubbed into the cab. I'll be honest, they work way better then I thought they would. The wolverine gets super hot over the exhaust so this may work well.just a thought
I did that with my polaris midsize but the the exhaust pipe was just behind the seat so made it easy to access. DSC00119.JPG DSC00120.JPG

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting...

How did the computer fan actually rotate? Wired to battery...or just from the hot air from a hot spot..like exaust pipe??

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Interesting...

How did the computer fan actually rotate? Wired to battery...or just from the hot air from a hot spot..like exaust pipe??
plugged it onto lighter socket,fan was from an old fridge,but was 12 volt,i took a vent fom a car and could shut the heat off. I am going to try to capture heat from the radiator on the wolverine.i also put an old tarp under counsel storage box to block the air from going to the back and noticed a lot more heat coming into cab
DSC00112.JPG

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I'm going to give this idea a try. If they work out, then problem solved...if not, then something else.

These are sold out of pretty much all Princess Autos around. I bought the last two in Moncton, and one of three in Dartmouth. Regularely $300 Cnd..on for $99 at Princess Auto. I'll let ya's know how they work when I get 'em. All I figure I'll need is some heat for the front window to defrost...and one might be enough to heat the entire cab. If not...three should lol...

Heat Stick (Life PO4)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
So I'm going to give this idea a try. If they work out, then problem solved...if not, then something else.

These are sold out of pretty much all Princess Autos around. I bought the last two in Moncton, and one of three in Dartmouth. Regularely $300 Cnd..on for $99 at Princess Auto. I'll let ya's know how they work when I get 'em. All I figure I'll need is some heat for the front window to defrost...and one might be enough to heat the entire cab. If not...three should lol...

Heat Stick (Life PO4)
looked them up no reviews,but sure looks good,let us know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts