Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice most members are saying they don't have much cab heat,but we are going through a heat wave here and I find when the fan kicks in I get a lot of heat through the shifter and emergency brake,like the heater is on,

·
Registered
200 Posts
I haven't rode in any hot conditions, but so far I have no complaints about heat..the Can Ams and the Terex will run you out of the cockpit when they warm up..

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Was out riding when it was 103 and very humid. You will get just a tiny bit of air from the rad through the park break rubber boot slits but mostly through the drain holes in the floor board. It's nothing really since all the openings are so small. I agree, my buddies maverick was like a sauna inside. No comparison really.

If you look, the radiator funnels the airflow straight through underneath to the engine and out the back. Nothing to stop it and push it into the cab.. not a bad design. Most just have the rad blowing straight into the cab wall.

·
Registered
388 Posts
at least the heat aint melting the bottom of the seat cause its so hot like my buddys ranger 900 does. we fiberglassed the bottom of his seat a while back because of the heat. the wolverine is about as good as it gets with cab heat from what I can tell.. it is minimal compared to other bikes.

·
Registered
186 Posts
When the temperatures are in the 50's and low 60's the little heat that gets through feels good! With a closed cab it might be enough to take the chill off in even colder temperatures. Mid 80's here today but last week we had a morning in the 40's!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't know where your from but it reached -25 Degrees F here last winter and I suspect that with all of our snowmobile gear on the Wolverine would be fine, but I'd still miss the engine heat on my feet and lower legs, the heated grips and I know my wife would miss her heated seat! LOL! I guess it doesn't get too cold by you but I can't tell because you don't provide a location!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Holy crap!!!! 25 below zero???? We might get to 6 or 7 below for a few nights here in Missouri
We quit riding at about -10 or perhaps 0 degrees if the wind is above 20 MPH. We have a long north/south connector that is all open fields for most of the 15 mile length and if the wind is out of the west it can be brutal without wind coverage! Of course the Yamaha snowmobiles don't care but if your plan is a 100-150 mile ride your body can take a beating from the cold!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know where your from but it reached -25 Degrees F here last winter and I suspect that with all of our snowmobile gear on the Wolverine would be fine, but I'd still miss the engine heat on my feet and lower legs, the heated grips and I know my wife would miss her heated seat! LOL! I guess it doesn't get too cold by you but I can't tell because you don't provide a location!
it can get to -35 here in north west bc,but varies every winter,road my ranger last year down to -15 with just a cowling around exhaust and 4'' pipe into cab

·
Registered
186 Posts
it can get to -35 here in north west bc,but varies every winter,road my ranger last year down to -15 with just a cowling around exhaust and 4'' pipe into cab
Our snowmobile club has about 200 miles of trails that we prep, sign, and groom from December through March so our dirt rides get put away in November. We average about 160" of snow each year so off roading is left strictly to snowmobiles when the snow is on the ground unless you have a track kit installed! Orv's with track kits are not allowed on the snowmobile trails, too wide.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we have been lucky the last couple winters with not much snow and ride most of the winter \with tires

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
we had the wolverine out on a 100 * + day and there is no comparison to my previous teryx and commander, the commander especially hot. even the rhinos were on the warm side. Viking was decent as is wolverine. in fact some friends with those brands did not join our group due to the in cab heat last trip. I am more and more impressed with the wolverine for many reasons.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we had the wolverine out on a 100 * + day and there is no comparison to my previous teryx and commander, the commander especially hot. even the rhinos were on the warm side. Viking was decent as is wolverine. in fact some friends with those brands did not join our group due to the in cab heat last trip. I am more and more impressed with the wolverine for many reasons.
that's too hot for me to even be outside,would have to get the 1100 Kubota with air conditioner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts