Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding this weekend busted passenger side floor! I am a little pissed about this because I busted drivers side about two months ago, I just put some diamond plate aluminum over it last week and now busted passenger side! Can't find anyone selling after market protectors, and while looking seen that the Teryx had issues with this too and has a recall all the way back to 12 , my buddy has one and has scheduled recall appointment, they say they are going to fix busted floor and put protection on them so it doesn't happen again! Come on Yamaha I know they are a way bigger company than Kawasaki !

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
was wondering about this i have a couple cracks around the bolt holes in the floor. the foot well tub does not sit tight against the frame where mine has cracked. nothing has ever hit it basically brand new 22 miles. had 7 when i got it. or they are over tightened. does not hinder anything for me at this point and you got to know what you are looking for to notice it. defentily would like fender well protection. but would not help in this case.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was wondering about this i have a couple cracks around the bolt holes in the floor. the foot well tub does not sit tight against the frame where mine has cracked. nothing has ever hit it basically brand new 22 miles. had 7 when i got it. or they are over tightened. does not hinder anything for me at this point and you got to know what you are looking for to notice it. defentily would like fender well protection. but would not help in this case.
Mine don't fit tight either but drivers side is split from above gas pedal back to the bolt you speak of!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
the bolt underneath the peddle of mine the base plastic is split perfect ring right around the bolt. so that bolt is doing nothing. one is cracked on the passenger side too.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Hopefully one of the mods can move this thread into the General Discussion section so it gets more exposure and comments. Something we all need to be on the lookout for for sure!

Reactions: Cullmanco

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
These cracked floorboards are a common problem coming from the factory. It is happening on both sides, usually around the bolt hole closest to the front. There is to much space between the underside of the floorboard at the front and the frame. When the factory tightens down the floorboard it will crack / break the plastic in a ring around the recessed pocket for the bolt.

Last weekend I looked at 6 different new Wolverine R-Specs (various colors) at a large dealership and all 6 had the floorboard plastic around the bolt pocket cracked on 1 side or the other. Mine too is to be replaced under warranty.

If you are fortunate enough that yours have not cracked yet I would see if you can remove the front bolt (both sides) and put a spacer (washer) between the bottom of the floorboard and the frame. I believe the front bolt is accessible from the wheel well where you could slide a washer in. Or, loosen the floorboard bolts to prevent cracking your floorboard around the bolts.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
These cracked floorboards are a common problem coming from the factory. It is happening on both sides, usually around the bolt hole closest to the front. There is to much space between the underside of the floorboard at the front and the frame. When the factory tightens down the floorboard it will crack / break the plastic in a ring around the recessed pocket for the bolt.

Last weekend I looked at 6 different new Wolverine R-Specs (various colors) at a large dealership and all 6 had the floorboard plastic around the bolt pocket cracked on 1 side or the other. Mine too is to be replaced under warranty.

If you are fortunate enough that yours have not cracked yet I would see if you can remove the front bolt (both sides) and put a spacer (washer) between the bottom of the floorboard and the frame. I believe the front bolt is accessible from the wheel well where you could slide a washer in. Or, loosen the floorboard bolts to prevent cracking your floorboard around the bolts.
Good tip, I will check tonight to see if mine are cracked.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I had to take out my driver's side floor board to install an under the seat storage box and while I was at it I Super Glued a 1 1/2" O.D. x 1/2" I.D. x 3/32" thick washer to the frame around the floor board bolt hole closest to the pedals. This eliminated the void and seemed to work well. Maybe this will prevent my Driver's side floor board from cracking, but I still leave all of the floor board bolts somewhat loose.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
I had to take out my driver's side floor board to install an under the seat storage box and while I was at it I Super Glued a 1 1/2" O.D. x 1/2" I.D. x 3/32" thick washer to the frame around the floor board bolt hole closest to the pedals. This eliminated the void and seemed to work well. Maybe this will prevent my Driver's side floor board from cracking, but I still leave all of the floor board bolts somewhat loose.
Thank you for letting us know what size washer/spacer worked to fill the void, your the first with a solution.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I think a 3/8" or 7/16" I.D. washer would work. I just happen to have a 1/2" close by at the time.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Didn't take any pictures, just centered the washer over the hole. The frame where the front most floorboard bolts to is 1 1/2" wide so you don't want to use a washer with an O.D. larger than 1 1/2". Any I.D. 3/8" or slightly larger should work. The only reason for Super Gluing it in place was to hold it on the frame while I got the floorboard back in place.

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'll be damn. I'll have to check mine also. Just got 122 miles / 12 H. That's why I bought brand new didn't want tore up stuff.

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Just checked mine. 16 hrs, 31 miles. About 2 miles an hour average. A lot of snow plowing. Driver side broken. Passenger side OK. IMG_1435.jpg IMG_1436.jpg

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
yup same as mine. not going to fix it. figure its just another drain hole

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mine is broken also near the gas pedal. Does make a nice drain hole Passenger side is fine.

Reactions: atkbike
1 - 20 of 57 Posts