Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went yesterday and bought 24’ of 3/4” thin wall square tube. First I need to get the frame built then I can decide if I want to attach it to the door or raise it up hinged at the top and locked at the bottom.( Lambo style ) If I attach it to the door I can probably cover it with the soft windows I already have with the zippers. I also can cover with lexan and that’s probably the way it’s gonna happen. I remember reading a thread where a guy had the flip out windows fit I can’t find it. Hopefully he reads this and posts the link I would like to look at them closer. I will share results but it’s probably not going to happen soon no time for projects this weekend.

· Registered
1,160 Posts
The door entry and exit is my biggest complaint on my X4. I'm about ready to cutoff the striker latch and use a bungie to keep it closed.

· Registered
312 Posts
What’s wrong with the exit? I have no problem, pulling the handle and getting out of it except that stupid zipper for the window.
The older ones like my 19 have a striker plate that sticks out and makes in a pain to get in and out of. The newer ones did away with that design.

Reactions: Paul65

· Registered
1,160 Posts
What’s wrong with the exit? I have no problem, pulling the handle and getting out of it except that stupid zipper for the window.
I'm referring to my 2019, the door latch sticks out so far it makes it difficult for entry and exit.

· Registered
1,877 Posts
I'm in a 2019 and yep,,, we all know the wiggle your way in and out maneuvers.

· Registered
2020 X2 XT-R 850
302 Posts
20 is the same. Hard to get in and out of. They fixed it for 21.

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally got started on the upper doors. Matching the frame to the front part of roll bar is going to be challenging with the two 1/2” thick straps for the alpha windshield. I think I might be better off filling the gap on the roll bar with half inch material and then I could make the door flush to the material and the straps. Thinking maybe some half inch square aluminum bar with some self tapers and countersink the heads. Any ideas would be great.

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Or maybe some pvc pipe cut in to a half pipe to bring up the thickness of the roll bar. It would be easy to strap it in or even tape it in. Better yet zip tie in some 1/2” thick rubber.

· Registered
2 Posts
Made mine lambo style and used coated 1/8th lexan ,tailgate weather stripping all the way around and latches with magnets,one downfall is I had to cut the shoulder supports off,made room with the frames but glass bowed in when I put it together

Attachments

· Registered
1,877 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is killer! Thanks for sharing.

Jomo, in case you haven't seen it, here's another take for a similar machine, in case you haven't seen it.
DIY Upper Doors / Side Curtains for RMAX2

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the pics guys I seen these pics before i finished framing out the driver’s side I don’t know if I am going to attach it to the cage like Scott P ( seen name on Facebook) or just try mounting it to the door. My concern is it will be to flimsy if attached to the door.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts