Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday the trottle on my wolverine froze wide open!,,, no amount of brake would stop it, lucky i thought off shutting it off. It died two feet from destruction and injurie from a tree....

If like me you are running tracks and the temps are in the minus be aware it can happen, they replaced my hand brake cable last week, no idea how a liquid could have gotten in these cable...

No one got hurt this time.....

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
must have been a bit scary ,one of my friends had that happen on a snowmobile and ended up in the hospital with a fractured disc in his back,i have been riding all winter and haven't had that problem yet.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've only been out once yet with the tracks a few weekends ago. I quickly realized that it doesn't take long for the box and rear window to fill with snow being thrown up from the rear tracks. I am also glad I have the windshield wiper, that came in really handy. I need to get a snow brush to leave in the wolverine. My friend had one in his T4 so I borrowed it a few times.
I find the sweet spot for riding is a little under 40km/h on the speedo with tracks (around 22-24km/h actual), when I push it more it gets fairly loud in the enclosed cab. How about yours, what's your thoughts?
I also had to scrape the windshield inside on the way back from my friend's camp, so I'll definitely be installing a heater in the spring to be ready for next winter.
Yesterday I took the Grizzly out instead because I knew we would be travelling much faster than what I feel comfortable with new tracks. We did 120km in below -10C temps (-18C when we left in the morning). Brrr.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
my window defroster and vent system has worked well for me this winter,although my feet did get a bit cold at around -12.it's getting tough to get around without the tracks as the snow is getting soft here now.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Lubricate your cables with a good chain and cable fluid, most of them will displace water

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went out yesterday for a little bit...was about 4F out....freaking cold.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lubricate your cables with a good chain and cable fluid, most of them will displace water
Good tip. I had a similar thing happen after riding in a wet snow all day. I parked in my unheated garage and the next day when I got in to ride again it was well below freezing and all the wet snow had frozen everywhere. I started it in High and when I blipped the throttle some to start it up it started moving forward even with my foot on the brake (and I have to push my brake hard to start in gear). I guess the pads were iced up but the throttle stuck there too so it wasn't stopping. The parking brake stopped it before I creamed my mower. After I turned it off and stomped the gas a few times it worked loose. A word of caution when parking a snowy or wet vehicle for the next ride if it gets colder.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yikes....Thats friekin scary. Snowmobiles and quads have frozen throttle cutouts or safe modes when frozen. Hard to believe that these SXS's dont. I will be lubing cable for sure. My buddys Ranger is fly by wire ...electronic throttle. Not sure if it has a frozen throttle safety or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts