Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The average person doesn’t even know the difference between mig and tig let alone AC tig for aluminum. Having a AC tig + 100% argon or helium mix + tungsten just isn’t practical for most people.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was just going to explain that to him. :) Also, they take lots of practice for the average shade tree. Tigs can be very cost effective. Once one person finds out you have one everyone wants a job done for them. Lol
Yeah basically pretty much the same as oxy welding, just create a puddle and keep it flowing. If you can oxy weld then you can TIG no issue ;) In saying that oxy is good to practice with if need be, as Oxy/Acet with wire rod is a lot cheaper than alloy filler rod and Argon 😄 If your already a gun at oxy welding then go for it 👍 A lot of older tradies are good at it as they cut their teeth on Oxy as in those days Oxy and stick was basically all that was common..
I have one of these units running a foot pedal with Argon and you don't realise how handy it is till you have one. Biggest issue in Aust is we get a lot of recycled Aluminium which has a lot of impurities in it, making it hard to get a nice clean weld sometimes. Stainless wire brush and cleaned with Acetone before you start is a must with the material we get to work with. If this unit packs it in the next one will be a Miller but plenty 💲💲💲💲💲

Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Gas Fender

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Go out and buy an aluminum trailer and you will get your money’s worth out of that AC tig welder in no time. They constantly crack and break. Definitely not made for the roads in my town pot holes everywhere. LOL

21 - 32 of 32 Posts