Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Took a 4 day trip to UP and Wisconsin this past weekend. Great time but first good trail ride Friday the CV joint at pass side rear wheel broke. Noticed my rear end squirlly on the throttle so went down to investigate and sure enough it was rattling inside the boot. Not a happy camper at that moment... 33 miles new motor... 300 miles new axle.... More to come to I'm sure due to a large m10/m12 bolt hanging out the bottom of skid plate I noticed while trailering back down state and the while in diff lock the front diff was clicking while under any kinda power.
So call the dealer yesterday to tell its coming in for service and he's too busy and cannot fit it in his shop until end of next week but that wasn't what set me off, it was the comment saying " well I don't what Yamaha gonna say". Well only words I better hear back from them is " I'm sorry " at minimum and would would a nice jester to say here is a $200 gift card for Yamaha accsy for the hassle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good luck with warranty on a moving part there kinda buggers about that. :( Bolts shouldn't just fall out though.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Man Dozer that's a huge bummer
If it wasn't for Bad luck you wouldn't have any.

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it sucks. We did get some good vids and pics that I will share once I get them in high def. the ones I got are thru text and real grainy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same cv go out. My dealer swapped it out and handed me a bill for $0.00. I am pretty sure my dealer is the best in the country!

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update. Dealer replaced the axle under warranty. I'm thinking because the boot had no rips or tears just broke inside boot.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Update. Dealer replaced the axle under warranty. I'm thinking because the boot had no rips or tears just broke inside boot.
. 2 months later. ?

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep. Long story but to sum it up. Switched dealers and they got it done in 2 weeks Got it back June 24th Now back at dealer. Check engine light on , cracked floor boards, rear diff leaking at opp side of replaced axle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts