Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm booked and going to head to Brimstone Recreation this spring, just wondering if anyone has been there and what to expect? I've been to Royal blue many times and we are looking to change it up this year. Whats the best trails for someone looking for intermediate to hard trails? Thanks for any info guys!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think it is more wide open than Royal Blue. More fire trails and logging roads. Make sure you get a map. Lots of good riding!! Nice cabins! Have you ever been to Black Mountain in Harlan County KY?

·
Banned
420 Posts
Brimstone divinently has more challenging trails than Royal blue. Much much more. The saying goes when you are on the "y" trails you ask yourself why in the xxxx did I go on this trail. As far as Pickett goes it is 40 minutes from me and I have rode there several times. Probably my favorite place to ride. Very scenic, many challenging trails. All private land. Only maps available are thru Dan's maps. Currently you are not supposed to be on most of trails. A forestry company bought about 3 years ago and does not allow you to ride there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Black Mountain and Pickett are not the same. Black Mountain has 2 trail heads Evarts and Putney. Go to Harlancountytrails.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts