Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I met some friends in Huntsville, Tennessee to ride Brimstone and the North Cumberland OHV area. The Trails End Campground is a great location for base camp, right in the middle of the trails.
People were arriving throughout the day so we were riding on and off, and only ended up putting 50 miles on Brimstone trails Friday. It had rained hard Thursday night so the trails were “greasy” with mud. This made some of the trails impassable. If anyone is familiar with trail 5, we weren’t able to make it up the bottom section because it was so slick.
The cabin we stayed in

11.jpg

Some pics from the trails
3.jpg 7.jpg

We looked for the famous waterfall, but found the wrong one and it was almost dark

8.jpg

Then we rode around in the dark a little

10.jpg

By Saturday everyone had arrived. We had a big breakfast and started out around 9:30. We rode across Brimstone to North Cumberland OHV. We hit a little of everything, climbed the WidowMaker and stopped at the sand mines at the top. Then we went on to El Ray’s Mexican restaurant for a late lunch, before heading back a different way. All in all we put on around 80 miles on Saturday, returning to camp around 11:30

12.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
17.jpg
21.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg

We had 1 Teryx roll over (twice), another Teryx break an axle, an RZR break an axle and crack a rim, but overall we had a great trip. Great times with great people!

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Nice pics, thank you for sharing your adventures!

Reactions: Hammer

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I'm hoping to have video soon of the Wolverine climbing the WidowMaker. We had 12 very capable machines and mine was 1 of 4 to climb it without needing the winch

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
Ton of great pics Hammer. On the wish list to go down there. How did the blackwaters doing in the slick and thick mud? I am seriously thinking about getting a set of them.

Reactions: Hammer

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The blackwaters did excellent on the rocks. They did OK in the mud, not excellent, but above average. I noticed that when the mud was very greasy, they didn't like off camber hills. I think I might try letting the pressure down a little in them. I am running them at 12 psi, I may try dropping to 10 *ish* and see what happens

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
The blackwaters did excellent on the rocks. They did OK in the mud, not excellent, but above average. I noticed that when the mud was very greasy, they didn't like off camber hills. I think I might try letting the pressure down a little in them. I am running them at 12 psi, I may try dropping to 10 *ish* and see what happens
I run mine at 8-9psi, and it is a noticeable difference on rocks and in the mud. Traction is much better. Mine are 28x10x12 all four corners.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They were definitely stiff. I attributed some of it to pressure and some to the fact that they were still new

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and that.... LOL
I knew they would be stiff, but was afraid to drop pressure too much, especially since I had no idea what the rest of the ride involved. I carry a compressor, but it's pretty slow. Now that I am back home, I'm gonna drop the pressure's and see how it handles

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The waterfall on 107 isn't much. Not sure what trail the other one is on but it's the far southern tip of the park

1 - 16 of 16 Posts