Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Brain Bucket

6K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  FordTruckMan 
#1 ·
do you were a bucket? and if so what kind? open face, skull cap, full face, flip open full face, or moto cross style.

#3 ·
The only time I've worn one in a buggy is when I was at a park where it was required, and I just wore my old MX style from my dirt bike and 4 wheeler days.

#4 ·
MX type always.

#5 ·
I've got my mx style for warmer days and full faced for colder days as well

#7 ·
Never wear one on an ATV, I guess because 99% of the time I'm just putting along and watching for critters.

#13 · (Edited)
i used my old motorcycle flip face helmet/ modular. the shield was mice to have. even with the windshield that was on the bike. was thinking about an open face. mmmmm not sure.

http://www.motorbiketimes.com/feature/gear/helmets/study-open-face-helmets-offer-as-much-protection-as-no-helmet-$21383483.htm

Reactions: TINKEN
#16 ·
I bought a full face helmet before I went to Hatfield Mccoy because they require some sort of helmet. I go to another park called Rock Run in PA they require a helmet too.

#17 ·
I wear an Arai XD dualsport helmet with a visor and a shield. I hate windshields and then having to cover up the back end too. I'd rather just wear my helmet except when deer hunting for 2 weeks.

#18 ·
Don't skimp on a helmet. Funny that people will drop a grand on a stereo but then buy a 14 dollar helmet to protect their brain. Priorities I guess.

I was 4 wheeling not far from where I live. A bunch of people there. Some lady in a wheelchair. Paraplegic. was calling me gay because I chose to wear a helmet. Wheelchair. She was in a wheelchair. My mind basically blew up. If anything. A helmet helps from getting hit with branches, sticks and rocks.

#22 ·
3/4 style helmet all the time. Besides being the Law here, it's just the smart thing to do. With a 3/4 helmet you can wear sunglasses or goggles if it gets real dusty.

#23 ·
I grew up riding dirt bikes on the farm since I was 7 years old. Never wore a helmet until I was about 15-16 and that was just to keep the bugs out of my eyes. As I have gotten older, I have accepted the importance and now don't ride without one. The only exception being riding the Grizzly 80 in first gear with my 3 yr old (he has one on 100% of the time while riding though). MX style for me as that's what I use on the quad all the time.

#24 ·
I always wear a MX with goggles unless its just putting around the yard. But then, when we ride we haul ass and usually have had one too many adult beverages. We make enough stupid choices; not wearing a helmet though, no way. My wife is a nurse and takes care of several people who are paralyzed from motorcycle or atv accidents where they didn't have a helmet. To me, the extra comfort of not wearing it while riding is just not worth the risk of crashing without one. Just my thoughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.