Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you were a bucket? and if so what kind? open face, skull cap, full face, flip open full face, or moto cross style.

·
November WOTM Winner!
883 Posts
wear one all the time unless I'm just taking it down the road to a neighbors or something. To be honest not sure why anyone wouldn't, but that's another argument for another day. I wear a moto cross type one when its warm and a snowmobile one in the winter

·
Registered
718 Posts
The only time I've worn one in a buggy is when I was at a park where it was required, and I just wore my old MX style from my dirt bike and 4 wheeler days.

·
Registered
2022 Rmax 2 Sport
220 Posts
MX type always.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got my mx style for warmer days and full faced for colder days as well

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Never wear one on an ATV, I guess because 99% of the time I'm just putting along and watching for critters.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i used my old motorcycle flip face helmet/ modular. the shield was mice to have. even with the windshield that was on the bike. was thinking about an open face. mmmmm not sure.

http://www.motorbiketimes.com/feature/gear/helmets/study-open-face-helmets-offer-as-much-protection-as-no-helmet-$21383483.htm

Reactions: TINKEN

·
Registered
367 Posts
Depends on the ride ... Putting along drinking beer looking at the great outdoors escaping life I don't wear one but it's always onboard. Riding with the boys hauling ass and it's always on

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a full face helmet before I went to Hatfield Mccoy because they require some sort of helmet. I go to another park called Rock Run in PA they require a helmet too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wear an Arai XD dualsport helmet with a visor and a shield. I hate windshields and then having to cover up the back end too. I'd rather just wear my helmet except when deer hunting for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Don't skimp on a helmet. Funny that people will drop a grand on a stereo but then buy a 14 dollar helmet to protect their brain. Priorities I guess.

I was 4 wheeling not far from where I live. A bunch of people there. Some lady in a wheelchair. Paraplegic. was calling me gay because I chose to wear a helmet. Wheelchair. She was in a wheelchair. My mind basically blew up. If anything. A helmet helps from getting hit with branches, sticks and rocks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.