Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
I don't see the 10 year belt warranty as a gimmick, Yamaha stands behind their machines and if I'm not mistaken they are the only SxS manufacturer that offers a 10 year belt warranty. Do I hype Yamaha your dam right I do, been hyping them since I was a teenager I graduated from the 81 Yz125 to the 98 600 beast of the Grizzly, when I decided to buy my first SxS I looked at Polaris, Can Am, Kawasaki & Honda but I bought a Rhino, yes I was slower than all my riding buddies but it was my Rhino that never broke down and always was pulling the broken down Polaris's & Kawasaki's back or pulling them out of the mud.
Last year another friend was in the market for a SxS , he bought the Viking 6 Ranch edition even though everyone else was suggesting he get the Poolaris 6 seat Ranger, his reasoning...the year before I was the only Yamaha on a group ride of 7 machines, my X2 was the only machine that didn't overheat or have any other mechanical issues.
To end my 2 cents on the subject, I know the mechanics at my dealer, I know the service manager, I trust them and they and Yamaha have not broken that trust.
My dealer is that way. Straight up. Great family owned dealership that sells mostly Yamaha.
Not a Gimmick. Good as your dealer.

Wolverines have a excellent belt system but you have to respect the machine a little and maintain it's drive system on occasion can't hurt.

I wouldn't expect them to fix it if the machine had humongous tires on it and tell the dealer about how stuck it was in the mud hole.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
262 Posts
My dealer is that way. Straight up. Great family owned dealership that sells mostly Yamaha.
Not a Gimmick. Good as your dealer.

Wolverines have a excellent belt system but you have to respect the machine a little and maintain it's drive system on occasion can't hurt.

I wouldn't expect them to fix it if the machine had humongous tires on it and tell the dealer about how stuck it was in the mud hole.
I agree DanielPlace, Family owned dealership who treat you like a friend not just someone to fill their pockets with cash.
I also like the 15% buyers discount they offer so I order all my OEM stuff from them after doing the research online.

Reactions: POHLHAMMER

·
Registered
634 Posts
I don't disagree. But I can guarantee you that Yamaha wouldn't put that out there if they didn't believe you couldn't get close to 10 years out of the belt.

What we really need to thank Yamaha for is designing a CVT system that does not allow for a lot of slippage. I can't believe Polaris hasn't followed Yamaha here. Hell, my buddy has a brand new Razr....already replaced the belt.
Yea a huge difference when the torque converter belt is also the clutch. 90% of the wear and tear is getting started. The Yamaha belt is always in tension and very little slippage to get rolling.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts