Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
I had one in my 2014 grizzly. It sounded deeper and remove the super restrictive factory spark arestor. Seemed to breath better and I'd go as far to say it made it a little more peppy, but that's because the factory arestor/tip was so restrictive. If I can find one cheap, I'll slap it on until I get my full exhaust.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have one on my Grizzly. At a minimum, it looks and sounds better. Makes sense that it would help reduce flow restriction. And therefore help somewhat with power. Not sure what actual specs say, but the better sound makes me "feel" like it has more power than my buddy's who has the stock tip.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Funny this was mentioned.. Just put one on instead of a full exhaust. Guess, it's a little more peppy but not a huge gain as far as I can tell. I like it since I can go from loud to quieter with 4 little 8mm bolts.

To give everyone and idea what it sounds like. Here's me playing around in my front yard after installing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had one in my 2014 grizzly. It sounded deeper and remove the super restrictive factory spark arestor. Seemed to breath better and I'd go as far to say it made it a little more peppy, but that's because the factory arestor/tip was so restrictive. If I can find one cheap, I'll slap it on until I get my full exhaust.
Yamaha Wolverine Power Tip just ordered one $50

·
Registered
123 Posts
Funny this was mentioned.. Just put one on instead of a full exhaust. Guess, it's a little more peppy but not a huge gain as far as I can tell. I like it since I can go from loud to quieter with 4 little 8mm bolts.

To give everyone and idea what it sounds like. Here's me playing around in my front yard after installing.

its sounds good!!

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Same place I got mine from Darren. Yeah, I tried to see what it sounded like without a tip and it's super loud and blaring. Think the tip mellow's the tone down a lot.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Same place I got mine from Darren. Yeah, I tried to see what it sounded like without a tip and it's super loud and blaring. Think the tip mellow's the tone down a lot.
its got a bit of a zing to it. Why spend big coin on a full exhaust when you'll only be re packing it before to long any ways.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
No lock washers, just recessed allen bolts for the new tip. I didn't use any lock tite. May want to remove them and don't want to strip the allen bolts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put one on mine it sounds good but a little load for hunting and a tip put se hi temp anti seize on the bolts if u plan on removing it i put one on my old king quad and the bolts seized up and broke off

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered one too. It's all y'alls fault lol.

Reactions: atkbike and Deeyoh

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just watch out in water. The bigger opening along with the seperated exhaust pulse of a big single will more easily alow water to rush in even while running. May cause stalling in water or at worse case risk of hydro lock. Also he's motors are built to run on the edge of Lean opening the exhaust can cause them to run even more lean. (This is speculation based on he grizzly set up )

·
Registered
575 Posts
I ran it on my grizzly, tip under water. I think it wanted to stall less under water.. With that said I never let it just sit at idle in water. I like to give it a little throttle, not enough to move if I was stuck, but enough not to kill.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just installed the Billet Power Tip. Nice deep sound effects. Will see if there is any power gain next trip out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The stock one isn't very quiet. Need a super quiet one for hunting season.

Reactions: TINKEN
1 - 20 of 40 Posts