Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put regular replacement 26x9x12 & 26x12x12 originals on stock wheels? Much power loss? any extra ground clearance? Any other comments?

Debating between them & going up to 27", but will probably stay 26"

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have 26 big horn OGs but on after market wheels. Stokes were about 24.5 tall and big horns are 26.5 tall so maybe an inch of clearance gained. Performance was fine after install. Didn't notice any loss

·
Registered
718 Posts
I gained a little ground clearance when I did the change. No noted power loss, but I did go to an aluminum wheel so the weight stayed down. With a 26" in a 12" wheel, the tires will weigh more than the 26x14s, but I don't know that it will make much difference as far as power loss

·
Registered
123 Posts
I gained a little ground clearance when I did the change. No noted power loss, but I did go to an aluminum wheel so the weight stayed down. With a 26" in a 12" wheel, the tires will weigh more than the 26x14s, but I don't know that it will make much difference as far as power loss
mimeeks,

I also bought 12" rims If I had my time back I would of went with 14" rims and tires....oh well

·
Registered
113 Posts
DSC01696.JPG DSC01697.JPG Have seen post saying original 26in big horn 2.0s are actually 24 1/2-25 1/2 tall,This morning had one off,so I measured it,it is 25 7/8 tall.[

·
Registered
347 Posts
My dads Teryx 4 bighorns are true 26's, the bighorns stock on my wolverine are 25's.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I measured mine on the machine on the ground. Got 24.5 on stock 2.0 and just a hair under 26.5 on the big horn originals. I drink a lot of beer so I could have been out an 8th or two either way I suppose

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
LOL TRev.. yeah they are supposed to be measured on the machine :D Round tires will be much higher off the vehicle.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I currently have 26 OG on 14" MSA M12 rims on my Grizzly that I'm going to swap onto my Wolverine as soon as I can have both machines at home to do some tinkering on them. We were out today and did notice the OG's look taller on the Grizz

·
Registered
113 Posts
Actual tire height is measured with the tire mounted on the rim,off of the machine.Tire height measured on the machine would differ from machine to machine,depending on rim width,tire pressure and weight on them.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I know with my stock front tires off the machine and the new ones on there, they are VERY close to the same height (hard to see with the naked eye), but when it was the other way with the stocks still on the vehicle, the new tires were almost an inch taller.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts