Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new DirtTrax magazine and one article talks about the "big" announcement coming in September from Yamaha. One speculation is that the Viking will be getting a new motor, possibly the triple from the snow machine. They say it may be detuned from 130hp to 110hp.. And, what goes in the Viking will also go in the Wolverine. It could get very interesting!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Its supposed to be an all new SxS. The Viking and Wolverine don't need bigger motors for there purpose, they are just fine. Its going to be a Sport to compete with RZR and Maverick

·
Registered
575 Posts
I agree, likely a super long travel desert runner. It would be interesting to see the motor trickle down into the other models. I don't think it will, but hey the pioneer is a1k now..

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't think it'll have the Viking or Wolverine badge. Perhaps Banshee or Raptor??? hmmm

·
Super Moderator
468 Posts
Carb just certified the 686 again for the 2016 Vikings, both the 3 and the 6 so it looks like Yamaha plans no upgrade to the 708 DOHC yet.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Carb just certified the 686 again for the 2016 Vikings, both the 3 and the 6 so it looks like Yamaha plans no change up to the DOHC.
BUMMMER. So are we thinking Sept release is a 2016 model still??? It would be crazy to see carb release numbers before Yamaha does lol

·
Super Moderator
468 Posts
This CARB certification doesn't mean anything about any vehicles other than the Viking's and since it is a carryover no change deal I guess Yamaha just let them release the data. If it was a new model they would probably have them hold the data until after the model release, at least that is the recent mode of operation for all the manufacturers.

I would think a September release would be a 2016 model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts