Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to get a windshield because I like full air flow but need one to cut down the dust and mud in the cab. What is the best vented windshield? I have looked at the Super ATV flip up but I am concerned with the restricted visibility due to the seam when navigating rocky trails. I found a full tilt windshield made by Direction 2 but there are not a lot of reviews out there for it.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
There are several.
Some flip up, down, slide vents, metal frame w/ slides or louvers, etc.
What's best for one person might not be best for another.
You also need to think how accessories work together and what you plan to do later will save you money & headaches. Such as Soft Cab or Hard Cab enclosures, side mirrors, etc

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the SATV windshield and have had no issues navigating tight trails with it up or down. Steve

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
The Direction 2 INC windshield that you mention says it's for a X4 btw.
I'm not sure, maybe others can confirm, but I think the windshields are different for the X2/X4.
Isn't the roof line different between the models?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I suspect getting any windshield is going to get Very Expensive. all of the plastic is getting used to build covid shields. look for huge price increases, if they are available at all

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Direction 2 INC windshield that you mention says it's for a X4 btw.
I'm not sure, maybe others can confirm, but I think the windshields are different for the X2/X4.
Isn't the roof line different between the models?
X2 has to plastic tabs that 2 bolts go trough.
X4 does not use those 2 bolts,
Because it does not have the tabs.
USA brand on my x2 and sisters x4.
I will look to see if any issues

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought the USA because it has the flaps for vents and it bolts to the RMAX factory roof. I may add some more or thicker seals here and there to get the holes I see. But you can get dual wiper setup for them and that is what I am going to do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got my third unit and once again added the Extreme Products macralon windshield .Very good and DOT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts